“Great value”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Buena Vista, Georgia
“Great value”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Right off the highway, clean,and great breakfast. and very affordable.I would definitely stay there again .the staff was friendly and helpful I can't believe the room was only 57 dollars. I give it 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Roswell
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Clean, lovely hotel with the most caring attentive staff. Delicious complimentary breakfast, really know how to treat their guests, very warm and welcoming.
By far, best hotel in the Alpharetta - Roswell area
Very nice clientele - never noisy

Room Tip: Very kind front office staff
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My stay in this hotel surprised me as I realized quickly that this is a remodeled Amerisuites hotel. I expected there to be some shortcomings with this remodel but in general the furnishings were very nice. There were little things such as the condition if the elevator that revealed its prior condition but the retro furnishings in the rooms, larger space, large tv, and comfortable bed were all bonuses. Unfortunately, the upstairs neighbors were very active at 2am and then a car alarm went off about the same time (related? You decide...). The next morning there seemed to be a real mixture of clients in the breakfast nook. Vacationing families as well as professionals. The oatmeal was rather sticky but the blast sandwich that I had was good. The coffee and OJ were rather good also.
The hotel location threw my GPS into a swivet more than once as it tried to lead me into the strip mall lot next door instead of the hotel parking lot. There is a nice mall nearby as well if you need to stretch your legs. They even have 2 Auntie Anne's for the pretzel fans out there. All in all it was a decent experience but I would probably prefer the Hilton if I had a choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Camden, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good place, and great value. Do not make reservation through third party here your room will not be held. Overall the staff were congenial, and nice. The service was excellent, and my family felt comfortable. If not for the mishap with the third party reservation the weeken would have been perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Myron H
roswell
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

All Hyatt Place hotels are nice, reasonable and updated. This property stands out because of all the great restaurants within walking distance or close by shuttle. Also great shopping nearby. The only negative is that the cable channels are limited and geared toward men with many sports channels and no Food Network, my favorite. Management please address this. Cookies available in lobby are amazing.

• Stayed October 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was married in September and recommended this place for my guests to stay at for about $69. Everyone seemed pleased with their rooms and hotel and enjoyed their stay. Although their rooms were fine and all, I was extremely disappointed with my experience at the Hyatt Place.

Before the event, the event planner and I talked about the shuttle that would take our guests to and from the wedding. We had an understanding that as many runs would be taken as necessary. On the day of the event I had a discussion with someone at the front desk and confirmed what the drop off and pick up times were to be. It was agreed that the first pickup time was going to be at 11:10. I was alerted by one of my guests at 10:40 that the shuttle had arrived and they had to leave now in order to get a ride back to the hotel. This was not acceptable at all. That was not what was agreed upon earlier in the day and prior to guests booking at the hotel. We still had activities and surprises for our guests at the end of the wedding. Unfortunately the wedding was cut short for our guests and nothing can be done to give that experience back. I was and still am very disappointed in this establishment and unfortunately cannot recommend the services of Hyatt Place to anyone.

The above happened on 9/1/12, and I have since heard that this happened to another "Wedding Block" group on 10/3/12. This must occur many times so I thought I would post this for other brides and grooms looking to put their guests at this establishment

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KJB2012JSB
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited Alpharetta, GA on our way to Michigan for a wedding. Had been researching homes in Alpharetta for 2 years and wanted to see what it was all about. Alpharetta didn't let us down. It is 1st class. Actually got my Hyatt Place reservation through Hotwire which was a good deal, but had already researched the hotels and knew that I would get a good one. The Hyatt Place is super clean, has all the amenities, large rooms, big TV, good breakfast, and convenient to everything. Was very happy with our choice. In fact, we tried to stay there again on the way back from Michigan, but didn't have a reservation and they were already filled by 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday. We will be going back in October and hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Even at a higher price than Hotwire, this would have been a good choice. Has everything that higher...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple