“Great place for business stay”

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Great place for business stay”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel is very clean and well cared for. Staff has an excellent welcoming attitude. The morning breakfast is plentiful and good. Great service for a good price.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side so the lights do not shine in your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am here on business. Hotel is nice enough. Clean and nicely updated. Does appear to be a bit older of a hotel where carpet, furnishing, etc was done. Things like a chipped tub just have ceramic patch over the chips and it doesn't match. Little details behind doors and such that give away a remodel. ***The worst part is the smell. Maybe some people like it, but I have been here two hours and I am taking headache medicine. The incense is heavy in the lobby and drifts upstairs, even into the rooms. It's not new either, as coworkers who were here a few months ago mentioned it as, 'oh we are staying at the hotel that smells' before check in. I am glad I am only here two nights. If it wasn't business and approved and booked I would go elsewhere.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed for a week in this hotel. The staff was excellent overall. I noticed in my bathroom the tub had a liner in it. I was immediately freaked out when could hear water sloshing in between my tub and the liner. Also there was some pealing caulking around the edge of the tub. I can only imagine what is growing in between there. I made a note of this when I checked out and the lady seem to blow me off with a oh we will look into that. While a subordinate worker behind her seemed to nod it was a known issue.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent and the free breakfast was on par with most places. One thing I didn't care for was they appear to use a scent enhancer in their air system. I found it strong and overbearing especially in the elevators. Also on the 3rd floor where I stayed it always seemed humid in the hallway, possibly from a laundry room. Overall it was a fine and I should have just asked for a different room after the bathtub, but I was setup there and really only slept in the room so I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

Room Tip: Polite staff, clean rooms, overbearing scent enhancer used throughout. Check tub to make sure no l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Great rate..clean room..great service! It's also in a great location...close to many places to eat.

Stayed March 2012
columbus ga
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Made a reservation online using points and for the next day with a credit card. Advised the desk clerk at check in to combine the reservation. Went back to the from eating the next day and the key card would not work. My wife had to go back to the desk three times and still no resolution. I went to the desk and argued with the clerk. Ask for the manager three times and was told there is not one at the hotel. Finally got the room opened. That night there was a tornado warning and the lobby was full of guest. No one at the desk and no instructions on were to go or what to do. Once again advised no management at the hotel. Was instructed we could go into the meeting room but there was a wall of windows. My wife is on chemo and this was too stressful to deal with.

Stayed March 2012
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed February 24, 2012

In town for business, the Hyatt Place on Windward Parkway seemed liked a good option, price was not too high or too low. Lobby was clean and inviting. First key card, they gave me didnt word, so back I had to go to the lobby. Rather than just reprogramming a new card, they gave me a whole new room... the key card worked, but within minutes I started to hear a strange noise...turned out to be the elevator, I could hear it each time it went up and down! I went into the hall, and I was 5 rooms away from the elevator. Went back down to the lobby and got a room at the far end of the hall away from the elevator, but strangely, I could still hear it at night. Hmmm. Breakfast was good and staff was very pleasant and tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the elevator as possible!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
St. Paul
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The breakfast included egg sandwiches and other items you do not normally get in the standard buffets at other hotels. The room was very large and silent. You do not hear the activities in the hall or the next door TV. Front desk staff is very friendly and is always available for questions and assistance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business