“perfect for suburban stay”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta/North Point Mall
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a wonderful first experience with the Hyatt Place chain. A bit of a drive from the downtown Atlanta, but a great location for my needs. Spacious rooms, free parking, free breakfast, free WIFI, super comfortable beds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Attended a conference in the area and was booked into this hotel. I found it very pleasant. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with more than enough room to move around. The location was excellent for my purposes and central to the local shopping scene. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. I may need to head back that way within the next year and I'm definitely considering this hotel as my first option after this stay. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to any place within 5 miles of the hotel which proved very helpful. This alone is a swing decision for me. One more thing. Starbucks is situated right next door. Who could ask for more.

Room Tip: Was situated on the second floor and had no problems. I was traveling with a group and no one seemed...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one room with a king and my daughter, son in law, and granddaughter stayed in one with 2 queens. We all agreed that this is one of the best quality hotels for the rates we got.
The complementary breakfast included some hot choices that were tasty as well as a good selection of fresh fruits, cereals breads and more. We would definitely come back and recommend this hotel for those who want some class without breaking their budget. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because decor was a bit dated and the bathroom zrea not well laid out. The staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. They bent over backwards to make sure arrangements were satisfactory for us.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family of 4 and 2 dogs stayed at the Hyatt Place Alpharetta Northpoint for 3 days over Christmas. The hotel was clean and convenient. While we expected staffing to be low on Christmas day - we didn't expect only one person to be there. At 6pm on Christmas night, we were unable to enter one of our rooms due to the failure of the card reader. We told the employee at the front desk who told us that most likely the battery failed and needed to be replaced. He said he would replace it shortly and gave us a room across the hall to stay in until he could replace the batteries. At 9pm, we asked when the batteries would be replaced. The employee told us that he was the only person there and that getting us into the room was not a priority and that we would have access by the next morning. I had to call Hyatt Place Corporate Headquarters to get this issue resolved. So, while it is a nice hotel - it is understaffed - and you get the service that you pay for. I would not stay at here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Alpharetta. The automated check-in process is smooth and I was super impressed with the big sized spacious rooms with a large flat screen TV and separate sofa/sitting area. In addition, the desk and chair was a nice area to keep my documents, laptop, and other materials separate from the rest of the room. I enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast in the mornings before taking the free shuttle to my training site; this is a huge perk at this hotel. The hotel's cafe and bar was also a fun place to chill and laugh with the front desk staff. This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the North Point Mall. I would definitely stay here again upon my return to Alpharetta.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roaddogg_BC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The location is excellent. Close to major streets, shopping and restaurants.
The rooms are very nice as they have separate seating and sleeping areas so you can work on one side of the room while someone else can take a nap without worrying about not having enough light to do your work. It also makes it convenient when you just want to sit down and recharge your batteries.
Specifics about our stay
- The self check-in machine is weird. When we tried to use it the machine didn't print anything so we had to still go up to the counter and wait for someone to come out and help us since we didn't know what to do. I didn't like that I had to wait to get help as there should always be someone watching the door.
- The fitness room does not have it's own ventilation system or the air didn't work because it was super hot and stuffy even when the room was empty. There are plenty of running paths around the hotel so explore the area before you actually head out because they can get confusing.
- The cleaning staff was very prompt in providing service to the room. It was very clean.
- The shower made some loud noises due to the water pressure and the shower head not working in harmony. I tried to adjust it but the more I moved it the worse I made it.
- The TV is awesome but I wish all of the channels were in HD because it was a waste of a beautiful screen.
- We stayed in the higher floors so we could sleep without too many doors opening and closing. However, you can hear the garbage truck picking up at 5:30am
Overall it is a good hotel which has an awesome location but don't expect too much personal service at check-in. The cleaning staff is great so that makes it a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I frequently visit Alpharetta for business travel and this was my first time staying at the Hyatt Place. The first thing I noticed, and appreciated, was it's convenient location near the mall and several restaurants. The hotel provides a free shuttle in a 5 mile radius which was such a nice perk! The room was a nice size, very comfortable and clean. There is no restaurant on site but they do have a cafe type of area with a bar, light food and a free continental breakfast in the morning which was more than adequate for my breakfast needs. There was a fairly large group of us from my company staying here and they were so accommodating to us all (the gal we worked with to make the group reservation was wonderful!) I will certainly stay here every time I come to town, it is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business