“Love this hotel!!”

Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel near Atlanta. The staff here is absolutely amazing, and the hotel is very well kept up. When we checked in, we were able to get an upgrade (subject to availability, of course), and I even got to keep my cat with me! They had a social hour with Nachos when we arrived, which was perfect because I was able to eat a little something at the hotel instead of traveling back out (although many great restaurants are very nearby). Housekeeping refreshed our towels and made beds every day. Each morning, they had their standard breakfast: muffins, bagels, breads, waffle maker, cereals, boiled eggs, milk, and usually one meat (sausage/ham) with eggs. We had the same lady for breakfast every morning (pardon me for not remembering her name, but it was a unique name!). She goes above and beyond for her job. Everything is well stocked, fresh, and she is always eager to get something if you need it. Despite my hatred for early mornings, she always brightens my day.
The exercise room is stocked with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, bike, and weight equipment. It is located right next to the complimentary laundry facilities, so while you wait on your laundry, you can work out if you would like. (Although, I have used their facilities frequently and never had a problem leaving my clothes there unsupervised, I just make sure to return before the cycle finishes.)
As for location, it is fairly close to Atlanta, but if you are working in Atlanta for the day, make sure you schedule in delays for traffic. Our travel was about 22 miles into Atlanta every day which took anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I would STILL rather stay here if I am visiting Atlanta. As for locations of things nearby, the North Point Mall is down the road which you can find many things to do because it is a very large mall. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at near the hotel and closer to the mall, so you can find anything you might be hungry for. The grocery is close by (Publix is my favorite, but a Neighborhood Market Walmart is next to it), and other normal retail locations are in close distance.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through Atlanta. The rooms are spacious, the staff is awesome, and the location is perfect. We will be here again whether for business or pleasure!!

Room Tip: If you are disappointed with your room location for ANY reason, do not hesitate to inform the staff...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SnowAeris

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Staybridge was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that housekeeping was very slow. The only thing they do during the week is give you new towels and make your bed. No wiping down of anything or cleaning of any type. They offer free laundry services which is great, but most of their washers are moldy from the front loaders not airing out properly. One of the dryers "ate" one of my shirts, but the sign states they aren't responsible. I would stay here again however.

Room Tip: We had a queen suite which included a refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The room was spacious and attractive as well as spotlessly clean. It was a delight and as an added bonus they were having a happy hour with hot dogs and hamburgers!! How perfect not to have to trudge out for dinner after a long trip. Breakfast was very good, The staff was friendly and very helpful.but should be a bit quieter since the walls are very thin.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. As a business travel who spends 2/3+ of the year on the road I'm always looking for an extended stay hotel type that is comfortable, friendly, and feels like home. This one does not disappoint.
The staff was very friendly and genuine. The decor was recently updated as well as the furnishings. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I'll stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The rooms are spacious and well supplied with flat screen televisions, DVD players etc. Breakfast is ok but the only healthy option is porridge if you like it. Gym looks well stocked and the laundry room is handy too. Only issues for me were the thin walls. You can hear noises and there are some busy roads nearby. Try to get a room round the back of the hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank uvarvu
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here on a recent sales trip...got a big two BR suite that was perfect for me and my colleague to share...great value and nice appointments...not a luxury hotel but more in the mold of Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard....perfect for families too...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Haze L
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of Thanksgiving and I have stayed here many times before. Until my last stay I had never had a problem and was always happy with them.
This past stay I was not so lucky.
I checked in and left for about seven hours. Upon returning I did my usual bedbug inspection where to my surprise I found them. I quickly went to the front desk and quietly explained the problem and the clerk sent me to check out another room. Again I found bedbugs, this happened 2 more times, all of these rooms were on the first floor. I was ready to call a cab and get my money back when the clerk asked me to check one more room on the 3rd floor, so I did. Luckily this room had not been infested yet and honestly if I had a car I would have left out of disgust.
I had not planned on posting any review because i was lead to believe that my money was going to be returned. (it was only $70) I was told that the manager would be calling me on monday to rectify the situation, this never happened. In fact I had to call repeatedly and was NEVER put in touch with a manager. The only person that would ever talk to me was the one that lied to me and told me I would be refunded my money and that the manager would be calling me.
The last contact I had with them was that they were going to email me a copy of their pest controls evaluation of the rooms that was supposed to state that there was no bedbugs. This email NEVER came and I wished it had so I could have called the pest control company to question their false report. But my guess is that they never really had any company come out.
I have plenty of experience with bedbugs and know how to very quickly check for them and I can tell you that they DEFINITELY HAVE BEDBUGS!!
STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank MikeySea
StaybridgeSpirit, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

While we appreciate your revew. All charges have been refunded to your account. We take bed bug complaints very seriously and the rooms in question were inspected by an outside vendor and there were no signs of bed bugs in any of the rooms in question. We have the outside vendors inpections reports on site and would be happy to share them with you.

Al Odell