“Excellent weekend stay”

Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My son and I stayed here while he attended a football camp. The room was clean and the service was excellent. We had breakfast each morning before heading out for the football camp. The staff also arranged a late check out for us on the last day of the camp. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Well my company ensured me this was a nice place to stay. So I just assumed i would have an uneventful stay. I understand things happen in the lines along renovations etc. But in terms of customer service and just the daily maintenance of the rooms. The ball was dropped several times. When i called to explain this to the front desk. It was like i was the problem? First i was asked if the do not disturb sign was on? No it was not. First of all i didnt have one till i got one from maint? Then when i explained there were several interruptions and that the person that did the repairs left a mess i had to clean up, i was told i should contact the manager. I told the desk that we should h.ave some compensation or something for all theses Inconviences. Right now i am tired an not in a relaxed mood at all. I have only been in Georgia for a few days and all im hearing is excuses? I run a business too. People dont want to hear excuses they want a rememdy. I have to call again to see if i can get towels since i cant use the old ones since the plumber used the old ones. Not happy i have to do that again? I even told the front desk my company asked if i was being taken care of since we are spending quite a bit for this 30 day stay? Also on a side note there was an offensive comment made to me by hotel staff in the pantry in reference to certain programming on television for certain ethnic groups. FIRST OF ALL YOU CANT MAKE COMMENTS LIKE THAT BY LOOKING AT A PERSONS SKIN COLOR. I guess the individual might not have known i was of a mixed ethnicity and was very offended that he said BET (Black Entertainment TV is only for blacks) And thats why it was not offered) I assume blacks dont watch CNN ESPN or any other program offered either. Before one makes such a comment to a guest he should really listen to himself and educate himself on the audience he expresses his comment? I rarely make any comments unless its something great the hotel does or bad. He could of kept his comments to himself. I might be a little tired from my relocation trip but i should not have to feel like Im stressed. The move was stress enough. Well i called one last time before i received towels or daily trash removal before writing this review. The time is 4:08 EST, Date May 22, 2012. Room 243. Still no towels in the completion of this review?: Atleast the front desk is aware this time i suppose?

Room Tip: Make sure hotel is completely done with renovations
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Spencer A
StaybridgeSpirit, Manager at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the service that you received that prompted the review. We recently updated all the televisions and lost several stations during the television upgrade. We are in the process of adding more channels to our line up.

I also want to thank you for extending your stay with us. It seems all of the issues were resolved and we are glad that you are staying with us for another 30 days.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

For years, seeing doctors in the area, kept me staying in this area. I do not like the area south of there as much due to traffic and can get around where I needed to go without much trouble. My doctors are within 15 minutes, no traffic issues 30 with traffic issues. The staff always tried to make sure I was comfortable and had what I needed. The beds were most of the time very comfortable. I found the king beds were the best. I like having breakfast in the AM and managers' reception on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. in the evening. I probably in the course of 8 years stayed atleast 45 days there. At one point, the staff members knew who I was when I came in. I can not imagine needing anything that is not about 15 minutes away. The breakfast food is good but like most hotels, the prepared eggs for my taste buds are too salty. So I get the hard boiled eggs and that works great.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with king beds best...but the others are fine.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank xangotraveler
Reviewed May 5, 2012

While training for work I stayed with a group of people for four weekends. Our company's poorly made travel arrangements and rigorous training schedule were only counteracted by the wonderful treatment by the Staybridge staff. Our group enjoyed the provided dinner and drinks on Thursday evenings, the great breakfast spreads, and the service. Two of the managers even rearranged their schedules in order to provide us with rides when our training schedule abruptly changed. Everyone was incredibly pleasant and did everything in their power to assure our needs were met. In a time where customer service is disappearing, this Staybridge Suite proves an exception.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Katrina T
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on a recent business trip - morning breakfast was good; furniture in the room was dirty; stains on the chairs and couch. The smell in the hallway from people cooking in their rooms was hard to take. Hotel was undergoing renovations - there was a sign on the door of my room stating that the water would be turned off from 9:30 - 5:30 each day - good thing I was at work all day !!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jdoehler
StaybridgeSpirit, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during renovation. I hope you will reconsider giving us another chance when our renovation is complete in late April.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We spent a night here and were very pleased with the facility.
Check in was easy and our room was in great shape. We had a studio with a king bed and sofa sleeper. The room was a good size and had a small kitchen. It was very cozy and they gave us a late checkout until 2 which we appreciated.
The location was convenient to a huge mall and any restaurant you could think of.
Something I did not like was to get to our nonsmoking room we had to walk down a long hallway mixed with smoking and nonsmoking rooms--about every 3rd or 4th room was smoking. When I opened our door I often smelled smoke. It would make sense to have one floor or hallway devoted to smoking and leave the rest clean and fresh.
The breakfast area was very nice and people were able to use it as a gathering place in the evening to visit and watch TV. There are two computers with printers for guest use and a free video program--most of the movies are older.
There were excellent choices for breakfast--too numerous to mention--yet I am sure anyone can find many things they like.
I would have easily given this property ffive stars except for the fact that there were several times I went to the front desk and the man on duty was nowhere to be found. There were two phones in the suite but neither one would work. As I walked through the breakfast area to the business center, a small dog nipped at my leg. There was no blood, and the owners laughed it off and said what a stinker he was. I wanted to let the front desk people know they had a dog on the property that should not be in a public place if it bites and the owners think it is funny. I went to the desk three times and no one was there. This was just a little frustrating given that the phones did not work and I had to walk through the smoky hallway each time only to find the desk empty.
This hotel has potential to be a solid 5 star rating with a little improvement.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beckyfromtennessee

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate all of your feedback. I understand your concerns regarding smoking rooms and as of this week we no longer offer smoking rooms. Our smoking rooms are being completely renovated over the next couple of weeks. I also apologize for our staff not being available to answer your question regarding the room phone. There are two phone lines and sometimes they get unpressed when the phones are cleaned. You just have to choose a phone line to get a dial tone. I apologize for the inconvenience and are grateful for your honest feedback. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We have stayed here before & always enjoy our stay. The staff are friendly, the breakfast is excellent & the afternoon reception food is enough to serve as dinner. The room was clean, the location of the hotel is perfect for us when we visit on business. Each room has a complete kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, & all the pots, plans, plates & utensils you would need...making the room like a small fully furnished apartment. We plan on staying again soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate all of your wonderful comments. You will love all the new upgraded features that we are adding to the hotel in March and April. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.