“Needs work & new staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Needs work & new staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Major tip make sure when you put the address into GPS you put the zip code in. Apparently there is an identical address about 25 minutes from the hotel just a different zip code. Atlanta has always been the worst place to navigate that I've ever visited. When I called to figure out where I was and how to get to the hotel the woman that answered asked me where I was I told her I'm not sure because I'm not from there and stated I was near a hospital she said since i couldn't tell her where I was she couldn't help me. Another woman got on the phone after a little bit of back and forth and explained the zip code issue. Once I arrived after a very long drive from Florida with my two pre teens in tow we waited at the front desk for awhile before the employee got up from where she was sitting in the lobby talking to check us in. I was less than impressed with the customer service. We get to our room to find the sofa and chair looking very old and worn. A stained bath tub, a microwave and fridge that appeared to be from the early 80's and a bathroom door that wouldn't latch along with a jacked up door knob. Thankfully the bed and bedding was nice. The hair dryer was also dated. Overall not what one would expect from wingate. I was looking forward to a nice soak in the hot tub (or as they now call it: the spa) only to find it was out of order. I am not hard to please but I was very disappointed overall. If I were staying for more than one night I likely would have requested a different room. The sofa bed couldn't be used unless you moved the furniture around (my kids had to move around some chairs) and the mattress was so thin I'm not sure you could call it a mattress. More like a mattress topper. You also had no room to walk after it was opened and couldn't use the desk. To get to the bathroom or fridge you had to climb over the sofa bed. It was a very small room for a "suite". The only good thing was the location and the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Alpharetta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Manager joking out loud about cleaning crew walking in on someone naked. Went to lobby for a drink and manager and friends were watching TV and asked me not to change the channel. Could smell marijuana on them.
Extremely disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lineberry, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. While we do try to have a fun and healthy work environment, we take the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously. If a situation occurs where a guest's privacy has been affected it is my custom to educate my staff on how to prevent similar situations in the future. It is our number one goal to make sure that all of our guests are happy and and enjoying their stay. Our staff is very accommodating regarding any guest requests and I will reiterate to them that lobby television channel requests should be honored whenever possible. Also please note that we have a very strict drug policy in place for our associates including random testing. I do apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your stay and encourage you to give us another try to provide you with an outstanding stay in the future.
Brookside
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff is exerienced and stable, and this is important to a frequent traveler. The property is mid-range, comfortable, and friendly. I am a tea drinker and they have downgraded tea quality, which is a disappointment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your loyalty to our property. We really do have a great staff and they have all been with us for quite a while. We have been trying a new vendor for our tea, and I appreciate your feedback. We will be providing our former tea selection for your enjoyment in the future.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights this past week. We were in town for the Final Four and picked this hotel based on a great rate for the area, considering the tournament going on. The room was clean and relatively quiet. We did arrive before the check in time and the front desk staff was able to get us two rooms fairly quickly and kept us informed, even offering to call our cell phone when one was available if we wanted to go grab lunch. There are a vareity of dining options in the area and if you're looking for good BBQ check out Cue Barbecue in Alpharetta. It's about 10-15 mins from hotel. The hotel is also close to Hwy 400 which we had to drive about 7 miles to get to the Marta North Springs parking garage. It's only $2.50 to take the train into the city and is quite easy to navigate. Complimentary breakfast at the hotel was good and had a variety of selections but a little repetitive for three days. All in all a great stay, friendly staff, clean and good. Only thing to note was that Spa was closed for repairs.

Room Tip: There are two elevators in the hotel. Might want to avoid rooms right next to them. Also rooms on...