“Musty and Underwhelming”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
SHEPHERD
“Musty and Underwhelming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the location and price/value. I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid, just a clean, safe and comfortable place... however, as soon as I walked into the room I was overwhelmed by a strong mildew smell that seemed to carry in the other rooms of my travel companions. Also, the hotel hot tub was out of order which was a selling point for me, and therefore added disappointment. So, even with my expectations of getting an "average" room for $100, I felt like I paid too much.

It was a great location and felt safe, and seems like they could be a better hotel than they are... It just seems that they aren't trying very hard!

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lineberry, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. As we strive to improve, it is feedback like yours that helps us the most. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Sometimes things do break unexpectedly, but the hot tub was repaired as soon as we had the replacement part. We discovered that we had some storm damage to our roof that was causing an odor in some of our rooms. Please know that this situation has been resolved and you will have a fresh and pleasant room ready for your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
TOURNEFEUILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall this is a very nice hotel with good service. The rooms are clean and comfortable and location is good for highway access, town centre and shopping mall. The breakfast quality could be improved.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. We are fortunate to have a great location with easy access to points of interest in Alpharetta and Roswell. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience and we are going to be rolling out some new breakfast options very soon. I hope you will enjoy the improvements we are making.
POWDER SPRINGS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone at hotel excelled in treating you like you were their only concern checkin and
checkout very professional and quick.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found our team to be professional and courteous. I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
PERRY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Young hispanic girl (Mona???) at the desk was the only interaction i had with staff. She was very professional and helpful with directions and ammentities. Definitely recommend this hotel and wont hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay with us. Munaa is a wonderful asset to our team and her smile can make your whole day better. we hope that you get an opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've stayed in this area, at a variety of properties, numerous times, both on the weekends and during the week. Rates are incredibly cheaper during the weekends, and many of the properties are completely booked during the week. I found the Wingate to be decent and comfortable, though I wouldn't stay here on the weekends when there were other, higher-end affordable options. It's possible that I got one of the older rooms, although I paid slightly more for a "deluxe" room since the standard rooms were sold out. Bathroom could have been cleaned better, pillows were over-stuffed and uncomfortable, but I do like the way the beds are made so that the duvet is covered by laundered sheets. I booked the first night through a third party, and was pleased that, when I had to stay a second night, the hotel staff was able to give me a good discount.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm happy to hear that you were able to get a great rate with us during the week, especially on the second night. Wingate by Wyndham guarantees that we offer the lowest rates online as well. Thank you for your feedback about the guest rooms, and please know that we are constantly improving our procedures to make sure that each of our guests have an outstanding stay. I hope you continue to use us for your travel needs.
ARNOLDSVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Speedy check-in, great accommodations, everything was as expected and then some! Staff was efficient and I did not experience any problems. This has not been the case in the past, and current management has taken steps to improve front desk service. Job well done!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lineberry, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team. It is great for everyone to know when they have done a job well. We hope to continue to share a great relationship with you.

Jennifer Lineberry
WINDSOR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located. The staff is friendly. They remember me from previous stays. Rooms are clean and larger than typical in this price range. Some rooms are more updated than others. Older rooms need a redo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I think it is a great feeling when you go somewhere and the people there remember who you are. I am proud of our team for helping you feel that way when you come to our hotel. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we hope that every stay that you have with us is a great one. We are always looking for ways to improve so thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Jennifer Lineberry