“excellent stay”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“excellent stay”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was an excellent stay, room was clean, bed comfortable, no excesse noise, and breakfast was enjoyable. The shower head lacked water pressure but otherwise everything was great. Will definately stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are so happy to hear you had an excellent stay. Thank you for leaving your review and we look forward to hosting you in Alpharetta again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2013

While on vacation I spent my first night next to a rattling air conditioner, my attempt to sleep in the next morning was interrupted by a work crew removing the bath tub in the room next door, this was a little after 8am. So I awoke to someone pounding on the bathtub and the sound of an electric demolition hammer right next door. I do not understand why a hotel manager would place a customer that is planning to stay for three nights next to a room that is having the bathroom remodeled the next morning. When I called the front desk I was informed that I should have known about this remodeling of their hotel because it was on their website, I explained that I did not see any announcement and if I had I would not have made this reservation!
After speaking with the manager I was provided a room on another floor as far away from the construction as possible. Why anyone was placed in a room next to a major renovation can only be attributed to poor management. The new rooms air conditioner worked well so our remaining two nights were restful and I also did not wake up to pounding in the next room. So the last two nights were very good.
Another strange problem we experienced was with the TV, there was some sort of upgrade that was done to the TV cable system, after having to go down to the lobby to get a new remote because the batteries in the original remote were corroded the second remote would not turn on the TV, I called the desk and was informed that I had to unplug the TV and hold down the power button on the remote and plug it back in. After a few frustrating minutes this actually worked, I had to do the same ridiculous process in both rooms to get the TV to work. So good luck with this hotel it was not what I expected of a Hilton property.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not by a room that is not being renovated. Check the TV
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John W
Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell. We do typically try to ensure guests are not placed next to the current construction and apologize that you were initially given a room in the construction area. Our TV system was also recently upgraded and while we strive to ensure the upgrade is completed as smoothly as possible we have experienced some hiccups in the transition. Moving forward guests will not have the same TV issues that you experienced. Again we do apologize that you had a negative experience and hope that you will allow us to try and provide you with a better one on your next stay in Alpharetta.
Old Hickory, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Like to watch morning television to catch up on news from overnight. Television did not work without staff having to reset every time television turned on. Breakfast was good. Location was good. Parking good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dwight W
Thank you for your review. We do apologize for the TV situation. During your stay our TV system had recently been upgraded. Due to this upgrade some guests TV’s were not working properly and had to be reset. Again, we are sorry for this inconvenience and are pleased to let you know that this will not be the case moving forward.
United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was absolutely perfect. It was the right price for what I wanted. I wanted a nice comfortable hotel that did not cost a lot of money and I got a great return on my money. The room was nice and the hotel was very accessible to nearby restaurants. Check-in was quick and took less than 2 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Cape Elizabeth, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was a pleasant, quiet hotel in the suburbs of Atlanta. The pool area was a pleasant spot to enjoy a beverage after a long work day, and there were several nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We enjoyed a pleasant overnight stay while attending a concert at Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta. I booked and prepaid for 2 King rooms. As requested, the rooms were adjoining and both were ready at 3pm when we arrived for check-in. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and efficient, WiFi, continental breakfast and parking was free .... this will be my hotel of choice for this area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeebsReview
Athens, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The nicest Hampton we have EVER stayed in! The experience and atmosphere was 5 stay quality...and the bed was DESIRABLE... I never wanted to leave! I recommend this hotel to anyone and especially if you're going to an event at the Amphitheater. They take very good care of their customers here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple