“Hey Grandpa - What's for supper?”

Milton's Cuisine & Cocktails
Ranked #11 of 532 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Birmingham Hwy
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Milton's is Southern haute cuisine served in a restored farmhouse out in the Atlanta hinterlands. You will find fried pickles, fried green tomato stacks, and red-eye gravy (that is from pork drippings, if you are uninitiated) served alongside espresso rubbed pork loin and rosemary basil filet mignon. I think you get the picture. I had fried chicken, served as two wonderful moist boneless breast filets, gently fried with the thinnest of batter - not greasy at all. The chicken was presented over buttermilk mashed potatoes, green and yellow beans, and andouille red-eye gravy on the side. My wife had shrimp and grits with a crab bisque soup appetizer. I tasted her shrimp and grits and found them to be perfect - not overly rich like many other restaurants, which is why I do not order them out. I would certainly order shrimp and grits here. This is truly special dining and worth the trip. My only complaint is the mandatory valet parking out here in the wide open spaces. C'mon Milton, this ain't Buckhead.

9  Thank GuyFromAtlanta_GA

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I dined at this restaurant in late August, and it was the perfect temperature. The food was creative and fresh and local. We didn't have anything from the cocktail or wine menu, but it looked to include a variety of good choices. We will definitely be going back to try the items that we missed. The 4oz Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the grilled chicken.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This lovely restaurant is located off Hwy 92 above Woodstock. It is off the beaten path but close enough to Hwy 92 to make it easy to find in the lovely community of Milton. I was there for a Sunday Brunch with a group of Baby Boomers! I had the Chef's Special Eggs Benedict with Fried Green Tomatoes (I'm a non meat eater) instead of Canadian bacon...absolutely perfectly done. Great atmosphere, great service, great food! Would recommend this place again and again!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Lived in South Forsyth for 7 years yet just found out about Milton's. The restaurant hits on all cylinders - Food (great quality, presentation and variety), Service (kudos Wes - you did a great job) and Ambience (old converted farm house). We let Wes choose a variety of apps for the table (all were terrific), half the table chose the entree specials and the others went off the menu and drink offerings were varied enough to hit the spot. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a very enjjoyable meal and definitely would return again. Service was excellent. All the produce is picked from their own farm.

1  Thank getaccessorized