“Very good southern cooking”
Review of Midway Meal House

Midway Meal House
Ranked #60 of 592 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Description: If your looking for the heart of the country southern food, Lok no further. This business has been up and going strong since 1994 and I dont see an end anywhere in sight. From a full breakfast menu of all your classic favorite dishes including homemade biscuits, the biggest omelet Ive seen around here, pancakes that make your mouth water and much more! We also have a great Lunch and dinner menu as well. Fried Chicken, Country Fried steak,salads, sanwichs and more. We have a different special daily. Call or check out the special of the day on our facebook page. Hope to see yall soon!
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We came for an early dinner and the restaurant was almost full. We chose our table and the server came immediately. She made good suggestions and the meal, as well as excellent, fluffy biscuits arrived right away. It’s in a pretty old home on a hill. You can choose to eat inside or on the side porch. Excellent tender chicken fried chicken served with white cream gravy. Also loved the stewed tomatoes and my husband thought the creamed corn was good. However, the turnip greens were tough and bland. Can’t wait till we are back in that area.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Good well seasoned vegetables with large servings. Lot of entree and side choices.
Parking lot paving is in need of repair and egress is onto a busy Old Atlanta Rd. Best to go during off peak hours. But do go and check it out. Melissa is a great server.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

My kids brought me here while I was visiting from Florida. I must say, some of the best biscuits and gravy and grits I’ve ever had. Pure deliciousness! So good I want to come back tomorrow!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

If you have a craving for Southern comfort food, this is the best place for a hearty home cooked meal like grandma made. (the real deal - made from scratch, always fresh and delicious). Just go in and seat yourself. They always have meatloaf, country fried steak, and fried chicken and all are delicious. They also have daily specials and a wide selection of veggies and sides. I love the baked chicken and dressing on Thursdays, as well as the sweet potato casserole and broccoli casserole. (The restaurant is always packed on this day). The portions are HUGE, so you might want a to go box. If you save room for dessert, the strawberry shortcake is to die for. I also love the blackberry cobbler à la mode. I am always pleased with how quick the servers are to take your order and how fast they have your hot, tasty meal to the table. It's in a cute old country house, made into a restaurant. They have added some colorful farmhouse pictures over the years, so the atmosphere is better. I've always wished they would freshen up the paint and spruce it up a little bit more. The food is definitely the attraction here. Be sure to wear your stretchy pants!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Once a year is not enough, but that's all our annual Christmas visit to the Midway Meal House usually allows. The breakfasts are so southern that the tastes have a Dixie drawl as thick as the servers. From the fluffy biscuits, sugar cured bacon and Mema-style gravy, to the tasty pancakes, french toast, eggs, eggs, eggs and fried streak-o-lean for the strong of heart, The Meal House is worth the trip.

The prices are great, the portions are large, the surroundings are authentic (even at Christmas) and the staff is true southern.

Date of visit: December 2017