“Best Chinese Take out in Alpharetta”

Simon's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #99 of 540 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We often get take out from Simon's and we have never been disappointed. They keep track of who you are by your phone number and also keep track of what you have ordered so you can order favorites again and again. The delivery is fast and the food is always good. We love having such a quick and delicious meal alternative right at our fingertips!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This has been a popular lunch spot on Old Milton Parkway for quite a few years. The extensive lunch menu, the portion sizes, the quality of the food, the quickness in which you were served, and of course, the prices- all factored into why this remained a popular lunch spot for years. This is why I was surprised to find it nearly empty on a recent trip there during lunch with one of my colleagues.

While the restaurant itself has not changed, or its staff for that matter, the lunch menu has changed and prices have increased. Since I have not dined at this restaurant for several months, I do not know if this change occurred at the beginning of the year or several months ago. I also do not know if this change is the reason why the restaurant was nearly empty either.

I ordered the Mongolian Beef off of the Lunch Menu. For $8, you get your entrée and an egg roll, your choice of a soup (egg drop, won ton or hot and sour) and your choice of a rice (steamed or fried). For $0.50 more, you can get brown rice. If you do not wish to choose a soup, the restaurant will give you a second egg roll as a substitute. I can tell you firsthand that the food is exactly as I had expected. At least that hasn’t changed. Neither has the service. They are quick to refill your water or soft drink and remove empty plates.

This is a great place for Americanized Chinese food. This is not authentic by any means, but delicious nevertheless. Sushi is now more prominently featured on their revamped lunch menu, but I recommend going someplace else for sushi if that is your craving.

1  Thank BelindaJ770
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Although I got the impression they were overwhelmed by the amount of people coming in to eat tonight I could see they were really trying to deal with it and still try to keep decent customer service. We were a party of seven and had to wait for a table to open. We also had to wait to get the menus, but the waitress did come by and get our orders quickly. My wine came in a timely manner, but the food took a while to make it to the table. Having noted that it took a while to get the food, I would like to say the food was very good. I ordered the ginger pineapple beef and really liked it. The chicken with mushrooms,and beef with orange peel also tasted good. I plan on going back when it is not a holiday and trying the place out again and comparing the service during a more normal time!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had sesame chicken, teriyaki beef skewers, and egg rolls. The sesame chicken had good flavor and the chicken were big chunks of breast meat, not bits and parts like other restaurants. The beef skewers were flavorful, but slightly dry. The egg rolls were OK, but keep in mind we had takeout, which allows the food to steam. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a great find this is. Best Chinese food I've had in Atlanta and very good Sushi as well. Owner is very nice and service is tops. Ourc waitet Peter is especially good. He's very friendly and can't do enough to help customers. You can't go wrong with Simons.