“Wait, Wait, and Wait Some More”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 522 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wait, Wait, and Wait Some More”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I called ahead and was told that there was a 20-30 minute wait for a party of 2 to be seated. Five minutes later when we arrived, I checked in and was told that the wait would be 30-40 minutes. Since this is one of my favorite restaurants, I was willing to wait. Unfortunately the entire interior was packed so we had to wait outside in the cold. 65 minutes later, I went to check on the wait and I was quickly told that there were still 10 people ahead of me. Then the staff member, turned from me and walked away. It was frantic in the front of the house, even kitchen staff were trying to handle customer demand in the front of the house. After 95 minutes, my husband and I decided to leave and make reservations at Fleming's in Dunwoody. We had an excellent experience there.

It was clear that the wait staff must have just miscalculated or lied about wait times. When 30-40 minutes turns into 95 (and still waiting), something has gone wrong. Like I said before, this WAS one of my favorite places to eat, but service is important to me. I will not be returning here, They have lost me as a customer.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HappyTravels411

Massachusetts
“Visited Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen on a recommendation”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were visiting Alpharetta Georgia before heading to Florida when the desk clerk at our hotel
recommended Pappadeaux Seafood. After arriving on a Thursday night, we were seated immediately. I had grilled mahi mahi which turned out to be a very tasty huge portion that I couldn't finish because there was so much. My wife had grouper which she enjoyed. The service was excellent with the waiter being very attentive to our needs. The price for the dinner was around $85.00 so with the tip $100.00. I am sure it is very busy on the weekends. We would also recommend this restaurant provided you are not worried about the price.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“So good and so much food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The only thing not to like about Pappadeaux is the price -- it is a bit pricey, but, for a special occasion, worth it. We came away with plenty of leftovers. Any shrimp dish is excellent, and, if you like calamari, feta cheese, artichokes and banana peppers, ask for the Mediterranean calamari, which is not on the menu. Beware, however, that it easily serves four. In the past, there has always been an abundance of wait staff, but this time they seemed to be short-handed. We weren't in a hurry, so it was not an issue.

Visited December 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Not as good as other places”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have eaten and loved other Pappadeaux restaurants before but this one was surprisingly bad compared to the others. There are too many GOOD places to eat in Alpharetta, you should skip this one.

• Visited June 2013
“Best Seafood!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was excellent! The portion size is huge that two can share. My girlfriends and I ate dinner here so each of us sampled different items on the menu and ALL the entrees we ordered was great.Just be aware that you may have to wait 30min-1hr to be seated, but its worth it.

Visited December 2013