“No complaints about a Mellow Mushroom Pizza”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #139 of 526 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This Mellow Mushroom Pizza is a small chain of stores, locally owned and operated.

They do take-out as well as dining in. We've done both. We find them to be affordable and very good food.

This is one of the better pizza places! Highly recommend.

1  Thank PeabodyandSherman
There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Usually my wife and I make a rule to not eat at chain restaurants when we go out of town. We made the exception to go here since we had my brother and best friend with us and I wasn't about to hold them to the same rules.

We stopped here and everyone else got sandwiches while I decided to get the pizza. My best friend mentioned that this place wasn't like the location back where we live..it was much more quiet. Beer selection was pretty good..wife doesn't drink much but enjoyed her cider drink. My brother doesn't exactly have the same taste for beer that I do and ended up with a bitter beer that he could hardly handle..I didn't think it was so bad.

Food was good but not mindblowingly great. I felt like I could get just as good a pizza at Pizza Hut. I know they use organic toppings, so if that makes you feel good, then come here. Otherwise, I'll still be on the hunt for a pizza place that can do it right.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

title says it all...The cook came in from outside didnt wash his hands and made our food...then wiped his dirty hands on his nasty apron that looks like it had not been washed in days. Its 4am and my wife and I are up constantly having to use the restroom..[thats the g rated version] . I now will have to take our king sized comforter to the cleaners because of this....I will never go back!!! Stay away from this nasty place ! Health code violations left and right..

Reviewed October 28, 2010

I am not a person who would usually sit down and write a review.
My family and I ate there every Friday night and would normally do pick up during the week.
I have however, had to stop eating at my favorite neighborhood spot. Because of SEVERAL instances, I find the manager Amber RUDE and DIFFICULT!
The restaurant itself is small and they have limited staff so my run-ins were quite constant and frequent. I do not understand how the owner of this place could put such a rude woman in charge of his business.
1) Was calling on a week night around 8:45 for a pick up and Amber answered the phone and hung up on me....I thought I lost reception so I called back same thing happened...called again and again I was hung up on. Finally I called back one last time and asked to speak to the manager she told me she was the manager and it was now 9pm and they were closed and hung up on me AGAIN!
2) Again, I said my family and I use to love going to Mellow for a family dinner on Friday's, On SEVERAL occasions when we unfortunately got Amber as our server she was spilled water over our table (excusable accidents happen) but never apologized or offered to bring us a rag to clean it up with. Neglected our table while she was flirting with the cooks in the back or to her friends at the front counter....came in from smoking cigarettes on the patio without washing her hands which is gross...she has also dropped a plate of food all over my wife ruining her silk blouse and looked like we unconvinced her when we asked for soda water (which she said she did not have)
3) I do have to say the food is EXCELLENT and we ALWAYS have a great experience when Sonia is our server...the last blogger must have caught her on a bad night

I will not go back there until there is new management because it scares me that the owner would hire someone with no common sense or people skills to manage his restaurant.

1  Thank AlphFamilyMan
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I cannot believe that a chain is ranked so high in this city of great restaurants...

I find that the Mellow Mushroom is overrated, for some reason it gets points for hip-ness over everything else, which is fine. This location doesn't even have a bar, as far as I recall from my times there... and other Mellow Mushrooms that I have been to have one.

My wife loves their calzones, but I find everything about the place to be just...average...for an above average price. This particular location is small, so don't come with a big crowd. There is a large outdoor seating area, but I doubt you'd want to eat out there in the summer or dead of winter.

To sum it up...
If you are asked to go for lunch or with a small group of friends, it's not a bad place to go.
I wouldn't consider it a must-stop destination when choosing a place to eat for myself.