“Lobster special”

Ray's at Killer Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's at Killer Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 522 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mansell Road and Georgia 400
Description: Enjoy this rustic yet casual setting while dining on a menu combining the finest elements of a fresh seafood and steak house, with the creative comfort foods of the South. Experience the views of the open kitchen from our main dining room, or enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature on our covered patio during warmer months.
“Lobster special”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A friend had told us about a lobster special for :25.95. We made a reservation for eight of us.
Only two of us had the special,my lobster was so small the body looked like a shrimp. The others had the ribs which were very plentiful but not very good. One of us had the scallops that was very sparse only four small pieces. Another had the snapper that was dry.
The. Manager was very nice and sent over dessert.
The last time we were there was fifteen years ago and we probably won't be back for another fifteen years.

• Visited August 2013

Gainesville, Georgia
“Nice lobster”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to have dinner at Ray's KC on July 4th, enticed by a $17.76 barbecue special that one of my friends received in her email inbox. We were 10 friends. It was my first visit. The service was good, nothing exceptional. I had oysters, which were average, and lobster, which was very good. My husband had the BBQ special and seemed to enjoy it as well. All in all it was a pleasant experience, I will return and try something else.

• Visited July 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great wines.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant was, when I went last, very dark, but I'm told that it has been refurbished and is now brighter and a much better ambience.
The food is excellent as is the wine list.
Most people go in the evenings but Ray's is also an excellent lunchtime choice and the prices are a little lower on the lunch menu.
Nice clean rest rooms too.

Visited July 2012
ATLANTA
“BIG TIME SLIPPAGE”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went there for my birthday in March, 2013. We were there on a Thursday evening, and the place was nearly empty, which should have been a red flag. The food was terrible, and the service was indifferent. I wasn’t going to write the G.M. but they called a few days later to follow up on our experience, and I told them how bad it was. The girl told me that she would have a manager contact me immediately. That never happened. Several days later I emailed the G.M. and told him what happened. I told him I was not expecting anything, just wanted to let him know. He sent me a gift card for my entire bill plus $20.00 extra.
We went back there about a month later on a Sunday at 11 a.m. and again, it was nearly empty. The food was better, but the service was terrible.
We will never go back. Too bad, as it used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta, before Rays’s took over.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Changed, not for the better.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently my husband and I revisited Ray's after it underwent several changes. We were disappointed because we had always enjoyed going there prior to it's renovation. Upon arriving we noticed the new decor. Actually, I had noticed it driving by before and thought that perhaps it was simply, hopefully, primer for a new paint job. No, the entire thing is painted bland, monochromatic, gray-the wood, the rock, the trim, everything. It used to be so charming. The inside has undergone similar "sprucing". It no longer has the sophisticated yet comfortable and inviting feel. It was disappointing to see what they had done to a once beautiful place. As for the the food and service: our servers were attentive and very pleasant. Our food was just okay though. My fish was fresh tasting and well cooked but the flavor not very memorable. My husband's steak was not a very good cut and there was a lot of waste in the large amounts of fat left on the plate. His thoughts were that he could have had a better steak at home.

• Visited February 2013