“Second Time Around Expensive Disaster!!!!!!!”

Ray's at Killer Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's at Killer Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 523 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mansell Road and Georgia 400
Description: Enjoy this rustic yet casual setting while dining on a menu combining the finest elements of a fresh seafood and steak house, with the creative comfort foods of the South. Experience the views of the open kitchen from our main dining room, or enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature on our covered patio during warmer months.
Cumming, Georgia
“Second Time Around Expensive Disaster!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience when we took the family to Ray's Killer Creek Christmas Eve, keeping this in mind we decided to celebrate our daughters birthday there. Big mistake!!!! Since it was her Big Day we did not complain. But today, March Third, I feel it would be a disservice not to, as people look to Trip Advisor for acurate assessments of places before trying them. Hardly know were to start as everything was not only cooked badly but also at times unrecognizable. My granddaughter's steak had no flavor so she asked for steak sauce and this was a Thirty Two Dollar steak. My husband and I ordered oysters, not only were they weird sizes but hard to find because of a thick batter of cornmeal or something they chose to bread them with. They were Forty Two dollars and we recieved no side dish with them. A very unappetizing lunch and very overpriced. I could go on but think it is clear this Restaurant is not worth visiting so have said enough. We will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Maggie C

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Ray's Oh so Killer Prices”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Let me preface this by first saying that my food was really tasty. That's my food. Several others in my party did not have the same experience.

Having just read a full page review of the new Rays- no longer Killer Creek, on Mansell Rd in Alpharetta, we decided to check out the new-lower priced menu last night. WHAT A SHOCKER! I can't imagine what the prices were before if this is a "lower more affordable menu".

If you want to eat a minimal sized wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and a tiny bit of bacon, you can eat there for 8 bucks. If you want anything else on the menu added to that, forget it- you'll go hungry. Oh, there are Ray's famous (not so famous in my world) chips, also in that price range, but their steaks, chops and fish are outrageously expensive.

One person in our party ordered a petite filet- petite meaning small, not miniscule. His baked potato looked similarly out of proportion as it was enormous. The plate being so dis proportioned brought a good laugh for us all. Another friend order a strip steak which she said was so salty, and not that great. My husband also ordered as steak with the same reviews.

Fish at the other end of the table was both Trout and Crab Cakes- reported as all very tasty, in their words, but oh boy, when the bill comes!!!!!

Our bill, Alex's and mine, as we got separate bills with our party of 8, was a whopping $96.00. No drinks, no vegetable with either meal, no dessert or coffee, just a small pork chop with mashed potatoes for me and a steak ($35.00, OK if it was a decent size and not salty) and a baked potato.

We knew the prices very clearly when we looked at the menu so no surprises while ordering. Just want to point out that if you are going to Ray's for a new lower priced menu- Fugetaboutit!

Also want to add that anyone going with a group of people should definitely look at the price menu if you have doubts before joining in. We go out with the same people every Friday night and agree most of the time on where to dine with no issues about price. This one was just a real shock having all just read about the new menu prices.

Not to be completely negative about our experience- as always, the company was great-The usual suspects! The brighter atmosphere- pleasant. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, very polite, but- have to throw in this zinger- not all that attentive. All in all a good eating experience for most of us, but very overpriced.

Judge for yourself and report back!

Thanks for listening and being loyal readers.

Babs - The Food Snob

• Visited January 2013
cumming, ga
“a killer steak at Rays Killer Creek”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A wonderful meal, a decent wine...pretty darn good!!!

Give this place a try...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
10 Thank ccmarks
Edgewood, KY
“Nice place for a steak and a cocktail.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had the Fillet and Scallops. It was good not the best steak or scallops I have had but a nice meal for around $50.00 including a cocktail and soup. Really nice interior design and the chef was walking around talking to guests at their tables( She was on Top Chef or one of those programs). Would eat there again and maybe pass on the filet next time and try something else on the menu.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank fuzzydrums
Duluth, Georgia
“salmon, tuna, & steak - plenty to go with”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

have always loved their tuna. they know how to cook sashimi grade tuna crisp but rare in middle. Steaks are great. Salmon is a favorite for mom and wife who are both salmon lovers.