“Really pretty good - not great, but pretty good!”

Atlantic Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 513 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Point Parkway
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Really pretty good - not great, but pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Been here twice with my wife. I like being able to get fresh seafood closer to home (Roswell) than driving all the way to Buckhead!

Location is convenient...close to GA 400, off Mansell Road. Easy in and easy out. Parkign was really easy too and free valet!

Restaurant is really well decorated and clean. Nice bar as well as seperate sushi area. I like the idea of seeing and picking out the fish / seafood I want. Service was great! Drinks were well poured too! My wife started with the lump crab cocktail - was wonderful! I went with the seared Ahi Tuna. The spicyness of the ginger wasabo sauce caught me off guard. I would have liked sesame seeds on the tuna.

Salads were - salads. I had the mixed greens and my wife the ceasar. The greens tasted fresh.

For my entree I had the surf and turf...a small filet and skewer of shrimp. Gottasay the steak was tender, juicy, and pretty darn good for a seafood restarurant. The shrimp were really done well and flavorful. It came with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. Overall I gave it a 7 1/2 out of a 10.

My wife did a cluster of red crab claws...OMG, they gave her SOOO MUCH! Huge portion. They were also pretty darn good too. She also got the mixed veggies and potatoes.

We decided to get a little desert...wife had the creme brulee and I did a simple scoop of ice cream wiht chocolate sauce.

Ok, maybe a little more than R.L. but a lot less than some of the Buckhead places.

One con was this...wish they had a little larger choice of fresh fish. On Sunday 10/14 they had trout, mahi mahi, haddock, tuna, salmon, sea bass, crab, plus maybe 1 or 2 others. Would have been nice to see a little grouper, snapper, swordfish, flounder, etc...

Try it - you'll probably like it!

• Visited October 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent seafood, good fir business lunches.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been here a couple times with my husband for dinner. The pros are that this place is huge, so you don't need to wait for a table, even without a reservation on a Saturday. Big menu, lots of sushi choices, some nice spicy rolls with generous proportions.

The con's are that it is a bit pricey. The seafood is just fine and fresh, but not as creative as I had hoped. The wait staff we have had seems very unenthusiastic, and we have had to flag down ours to get our wine from the bar after ordering when we sat down and waited 15 minutes.

Very eclectic mix of clients for a Saturday night. From couples trying to have a special birthday event , to tables of families with four year olds running and yelling through the restaurant ( hello, clueless parents!), to big tables of guys in t shirts and backwards baseball caps.

My husband does go here quite a bit for business lunches, so he is a bigger fan of Atlantic Seafood than I.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Alicia67
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not Bad but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went with a few family members and while the sushi rolls we good they were nothing special. The crab cakes would have been much better with less seasoning hiding the generous amount of lump crab and no-one needs mounds of fried potato shreds. The Beers were $8.00 for a draught Yuengling which is ridiculous. The food was average and the service was good but not great. The decor for us was very Disneyesque (bright and gaudy) and not inviting at all but that is a personal opinion. By 8pm on a Thursday evening there were only two other tables in this large establishment occupied which speaks volumes.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MKS0
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Some of the best seafood I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

If you want to have great seafood in Atlanta, then this place is worth a visit. I flew in last night for business and ask some locals for the best seafood in the area and thy all pointed me to the Atlantic Seafood Company. Since I travel a lot and get to experience some great restaurants, I was not really hopeful. Boy was I surprised! The establishment is in a very good location and the decor is very clean and modern.

While the place looks and feels very nice, it is the food that really sets it apart. I orderd a dish called Gree Chile Grouper. It was delivered quickly (but not too quickly) and was beautiful. It was a layered dish with asparagus on the bottom followed by a large, perfectly done grouper filet, followed by a topping of slightly spicy green chile sauce. For me, the first bite means a lot and I was not disappointed at all. The combination of firm fish, green chile, and crunchy asparagus was amazing. The flavor exploded on my tongue. It was like little angels were dancing on my tongue.

The server was friendly and helpful and the service was fast.

I would highly recommend this place and will always come back when I am in Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great seafood and sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great menu with fantastic seafood and excellent service. My favorite seafood restaurant in Atlanta.

Visited May 2012