Alpharetta Tours - CLOSED

Fun time

Reviewed September 27, 2015
Sue E
Alpharetta, Georgia

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Tour filled with the rich historical features of the area. The homes are filled with architecture, history and experience the southern charm.

Reviewed September 27, 2015

This tour was informative and interesting. I learned aboit the history and the hauntings of the city plus we got to actually go in the buildings instead of just looking inside.

Reviewed December 9, 2014

I went on the Ghost Tour on a Saturday night with 4 of my girl friends for a little time away from the kids. We had SUCH a great time!! I thought I knew some Alpharetta history, but the guide put me to shame! I would have to say that this tour was lots of history with a little spooky mixed in. Nothing outrageously scary, you could take kids over 10. She makes little cracks along the way and seems to truly enjoy her job. We all enjoyed this non typical version of Girls Night Out! We needed something different!!

Reviewed October 29, 2014

I understand trying to be funny here and there, but it was way over the top and beyond cheesy. I didn't set out for a lousy comedy show, I wanted a ghost tour.

Locations weren't exciting, guide was not interesting, stories were barely passable. Wouldn't recommend.

2  Thank Donna Z
Alpharettatours, Owner at Alpharetta Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2014

Hi Donna,

We're so sorry to hear that you didn't like your tour! Sometimes humor is not for everyone and that's okay. We try not to take ourselves too seriously! :)

We hope that you find a ghost tour that you do enjoy and check back with us for our other themed tours soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2014

Just as we figured, Alpharetta just doesn't have enough interesting historical buildings and stories. Friends of ours wanted to come on this tour, so we joined them, and we were all disappointed and bored. We feel the guide was just trying too hard to make this tour work in an area that didn't have enough history to support it.

As we told people of our plans to attend a ghost tour in Alpharetta, everyone basically said the same thing... "Alpharetta has enough history, locations, and stories to warrant a ghost tour??" Sadly, no. We wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and have an open mind about it, but it absolutely does not.

Additionally, the constant traffic noise and bright street lights were too distracting, even if it had been an interesting tour.

3  Thank 67georgiadawg

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review our ghost tour. We're sorry you didn't enjoy the experience. There's lots of local history in Alpharetta! Maybe you were looking for some less "local". :)

*Note: We did try to contact the reviewer directly and offer a refund for their tickets and to see if there was anything specific we could do to make their experience better. They declined to respond.

Customer satisfaction is a priority and we always look for ways to get better! Thanks for letting us know and have a great season!

Reviewed October 27, 2014

So much fun! It was a fairly small group (~15) which made it nice. The tour guide was so friendly and personable. Without her we would have all just kept to ourselves but she made us feel like we were all friends and it was a blast. I would do this again and definitely plan to schedule another one whenever we have family come to visit. Loved it!

Hi Colleen!

Thank you for reviewing our Haunted Pub Crawl! We had a fabulous time too. You guys were a great group to take out and your nicknames for the evening served you well. :)

We always try to make our groups feel like they are having a personalized experience with they tour with us. Nothing is is too big or small to ask and we live to serve.

Hope to see you again soon on another tour!

Reviewed October 27, 2014

We hosted a group of 15 teens and adults for our son's 16th birthday. Jen, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and engaging. The tour was history-based with paranormal stories and sightings included. Perfect evening and fun tour. Highly recommend.

Hi Beth,

Thanks Beth! Your group was a great idea for a birthday party, smart son! :) Parents and kids seemed to have a great time, get some fun photos and even give us some joke ideas...

We are happy that you would recommend us to family an friends. Customer experience is our #1 goal.

Please check with us soon for upcoming holiday themed tours and special events!

Reviewed October 21, 2014

We took a group of 15 tweenage girls for my daughters birthday party and everyone had a great time!! Not too scary but just scary enough!!

Alpharettatours, Owner at Alpharetta Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2014

Hi David!

Thank you for your review! We loved having your group with us.

At the end of every tour we ask folks to post a review on Trip Advisor, even if they never have before. It really means a lot to us that many folks like yourself, are new to TA and take the time to review us when they had a great time.

Glad we scared you- but not "too" much!

Hope to see you on one of our other tours soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2014

I took this tour with my 22 year old daughter and 13 year old son and we all enjoyed it. We laughed, got spooked a few times and learned some about Alpharetta's history. The guide was great about keeping the teenagers and adults both entertained. I highly recommended it as a fun family activity in Alpharetta.

1  Thank Mona H
Alpharettatours, Owner at Alpharetta Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Hi Mona,

We are so glad that you choose to spend a family evening with us. We really enjoyed the weekend and had some great experiences the evening you visited!

The HOWLpharetta Ghost Tour is a fun way to learn about this historic town, year round. We hope your family visits us again soon!

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Jen Hunt
Owner/Operator, Alpharetta Tours

Reviewed October 13, 2014

I happened upon this tour while visiting friends in the area. Since I'm a big fan of ghosts and an avid ghost hunter, I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, this was just a big fake. The woman who runs the tours really has no clue about anything ghost or ghost hunting related. She is showing off pictures of dust and claiming it's spirit orbs.

And I'm not entirely sure she knows the history of the places she's showing on the tour. When people asked her questions, she didn't have a clue how to answer them and tried to change the subject. It was really quite uncomfortable. The stories were very over the top, it really felt so contrived.

2  Thank bodhi_sam

Hi,

We're so sorry and bummed that you did not enjoy your tour! :(

As a local historian and the only tour guide for the month of October, I was surprised at a few of your comments. I hope this helps you or anyone reading this review:

1. On all of our materials, website and when we begin the tour, we always make clear that we are NOT paranormal experts. We simply give the history of local hauntings and investigations and let you decide. Nothing we say is "fake" or made up.

2. The only part of the tour where we mention "orbs" is in fact where we tell people about how a lot of people believe they are dust of reflections of light. Again, telling you to decide yourself.

3. Again, as a local historian, there is not an incident to my memory that I have been unable or uncomfortable answering a history question.

4. In fact, our ticket prices are so low, we're really surprised you felt ripped off!

As you can see from all our 5 star reviews, none of this seems to make sense in relation to our tour.

Are you sure you reviewed the correct tour company? What night did you take the tour?

If you truly had a bad time and we were unable to answer your questions, please email us for a full refund and so we may learn what we can do better. This is the first we've heard of your displeasure.

As a family-run small business, we take pride in giving a personal and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Jen Hunt