“A fantastic anniversary dinner!”
Review of Pampas Steakhouse

Pampas Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pampas Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 579 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jones Bridge Road
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We arrived at 6:30 on a Friday night. About 1/4 full at that point and we were seated in one of the booths located along the perimeter of the main dining room. The ambiance is warm and inviting. Service was perfect. Our waitress was very knowledgeable yet we did have one question about a paricular steak as we had not heard of that cut. A manager was there within 3 minutes with that steak on a platter and told us all we needed to know. The meal was, start to finish, outstanding! The lobster bisque had plenty if lobster and shrimp and a very tasty soup. The wedge salad had a spicy blue cheese dressing. The steak, the basil roasted corn and the truffle potatoes were all awesome. Sides are plenty big enough for 2 (maybe 3). When we made the reservation, they asked if we would be celebrating and we told them that it would be our anniversary. After dinner, a creme brulee arrived. Very nice (and delicious)! So many places think that chocolate is the ultimate dessert but my husband is not all that fond of rich chocolate and, after the BIG dinner we had just enjoyed, the creme brulee was totally perfect! Only slight negative was that, by 7pm, the room was filling and as it did, the noise level rose to a level that was a bit much to talk over, even along the perimeter. Cannot imagine what it was in the middle of the room! The waitress said that the side rooms are quieter but, after seeing them after dinner, we decided that, when we return, we will be sure to arrive early enough to get a booth, regardless of the din, as we far preferred the ambiance in the main room. They do allow patrons to bring wine - $20 corkage - and they have high quality wine glasses. We have no doubts that we will be back!

Reviewed August 12, 2016

I first had to pinch myself, this old hangout for special occasions suddenly appeared less pricey from when i remembered it, having been in Tokyo for past year :) This was special get together with couples and I brought two of my fav bottles- the $20 corkage per bottle is reasonable as the bottles I brought were high end. Started wtih the seafood selection for 2- crab cakes, shrimp and friend lobster- most excellent. Then salad courses for everyone, then the steaks! friends had fillet, strip, my wife and i split the "brick" and all were cooked perfectly. matched beautifully to bottle of boyd cab I brought along! Dessert had the crepes which were fantastic and cooked tableside. friends had the molten lava cake and they liked it. overall great evening, and great value, did not disappoint. service solid.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

went for sunday brunch. waiter and kitchen did a mediocre job. food quality poor. ive had better steaks at chain restaurants. specifically asked for lemon for water. asked for sunny side up on toast. toast was on side and I had to rearrange plate. steak was to have blue cheese and butter topping. it came later on plates with a spoon. a glob of butter and cheese on plate. potatoes very dry. steak FULL of gristle. only three tables at restaurant occupied. I guess I didn't get the memo.

1  Thank bridgech
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Very unassuming place, once you get inside you will experience a phenomenal dinning experience. Great steaks and even better service.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Great atmosphere, quiet and relaxing. Unbelievable steaks, and the sides are delicious. The brick is amazing. I have never been disappointed in any way.

Been to Pampas Steakhouse? Share your experiences!