“Great steakhouse” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pampas Steakhouse

Pampas Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pampas Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 510 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jones Bridge Road
Suwanee,GA
“Great steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Husband and I have eaten here twice this year. We've eaten is some really good steakhouses over the years, and this has got to be one of the best, both in food and service. Very knowledgable wait staff. Water glasses never went unfilled. The steaks are to die for. The atmosphere is nice- has an intimate feel, lighting is perfect. We laughed both times at the size of the red wine glasses- they are huge! :) The sides are good- large portioned and rich, but then again, we aren't eating grilled chicken breasts. You will not leave feeling hungry, so definitely bring your appetite!

• Visited January 2014

Ada, Michigan
“Watch out for Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

What a wonderful evening. Great décor. Excellent service. Delicious food. The wine listed a wine that was "reserva" When the bottle arrived, it did not say reserva so I inquired. The sommelier quickly admitted that it is not. So they are selling the lesser vintage at reserva prices? His response was "Then choose another". Deceiving charging for a wine as not what is offered and then he does not even apologize. His attitude was not appreciated. The prices are high enough to offer the better wine at that price, they should not make more profit on a cheaper bottle.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Linda K
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Nice place to enjoy good appetizers and live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I went to Pampas a couple of times. I love that place, the food is very good, service is good and the wines are the best.

• Visited April 2014
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Great food, pretentious service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

If the food wasn’t so good, I would have given it one less star. This was probably the best steakhouse I’ve ever been to. Everything was prepared to perfection, with one very minor exception. On the menu they carefully describe the difference between rare, medium-rare, medium, etc. So I would have expected that they would have been just as careful in the preparation. I ordered a medium steak. It came medium-well, but it was so tasty that I didn’t comment to the waiter about it.

But the service wasn’t up to par. The waiter knew that this was our first visit, and he knew that my wife was celebrating her birthday. When the meal was served, my wife asked for horseradish. It never came. We each ordered two side dishes. They were enormous and we commented that each were easily enough for two people. The waiter said that he forgot to tell us that. We ordered desert and when we got the bill we learned that it was comp’ed because of my wife’s birthday. That was very nice, but it would have been nicer if they told us in advance.

Finally, the ambiance would have been perfect except that there was a baby nearby that shrieked loudly every so often. I don’t think restaurants like this should allow babies.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Alan R
“Excellent Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

As our home office is close by, we ate an early dinner at Pampas Steakhouse. While walking inside you could smell the wood burning on the grill which is something different for a steakhouse. The staff greeted us promptly and we were seated at a booth just off the front door. Our two servers came over and took our drink orders after informing us of some drink specials. Apps of empanadas arrived which were okay, they were small and of the puff pastry version. The meat filled ones were better than the cheese filled ones. The salad selection was good as was the wine selection which was half off per bottle during our visit. The steak presentation and explanation was superb. The cooking process on the open grill was detailed by the servers. Each of our steaks arrived hot and with the ordered sauces. My steak was slightly under-cooked but was still very good. I would return to Pampas Steakhouse again when back in Alpharetta.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Pampas Steakhouse? Share your experiences!