“Food good - not exceptional”

Campania Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #17 of 552 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Well, they seem to have been open long enough to estimate staffing needs, so perhaps they just over- scheduled tonight. Too many evenings like this and working capital disappears.

My wife and I split an arugula salad and margarita pizza. The salad was very good and more than ample for two people.

The pizza was a bit strong on the "burnt" taste - both on bottom and top. This distracted from a tasty tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. I also feel the taste would have benefitted from a bit more mozzarella.

All in all it was not a terrible first experience and we will be back to try a pizza with a few more ingredients on it.

One service item really bothered me. I paid in cash and needed change. The waiter rounded down on the change, shorting me roughly 50 cents. It is the principle of the transaction that bothered me. If you choose to round to an even dollar amount, that us okay just as long as you do so in favor of the customer and not the house. That "rounding" error was part if the tip from my perspective, but someone not looking closely at the check and the change might have accepted the "short change" and then tipped on top of that.

If it happens again I will know it is house policy and I will express my opinion by not continuing to do business at that restaurant.

I now step off my soap box.

1  Thank magicbb

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Food, service, atmosphere all very good.
Had the Margherita DOC pizza, excellent, thin crust. Full stocked bar.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love this place. The food is fresh and authentic. It is reasonably priced and has a good atmosphere.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am originally from the northeast and it is very difficult to find good pizza in Atlanta. I have been to most and this is the best so far. Better than Antica pizza that gets a lot of pub. Thin crust, brick oven with lots of crispiness. Service was excellent. Location is in a strip mall but that's Atlanta. Excellent pizza with a distinctive taste and style.......

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Made a small mistake of doing take-out on our first visit to Campania. Service at the bar was excellent while we waited, and the pizza, while good, didn't compare to our usual stop at Antico's. Made a point to return on our next visit and we were not disappointed. Welcomed back at the bar area, we kept it simple with a Dante pannino and quattro formmagio pizza. The pannino had outstanding flavor and was complemented with a side salad. Pizza was excellent with focus on freshness of ingredients and dough. Meal was capped with a home-made limoncello. Nice, comfortable, and unpretentious atmosphere, with friendly attitudes all-around. This is definitely worth a visit and great addition for Alpharetta.