“Great Pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Campania is great. They know how to make a great pizza! Our waiter was extremely nice, suggesting different favorites of his and explaining things on the menu. We had a great time, and will definitely be coming back!

There are newer reviews for Campania Pizzeria Napoletana

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant is fairly new, but the way they do business should have them around for years and years. It is a little hard to find unless you have it in your GPS. However, our server was legit Italian from Milan and was incredibly helpful and polite. Normally, when you ask a server which wine is best - they recommend the most expensive wine; however, our waiter recommended one of the cheaper wines to pair with what we had ordered. It was amazing. The ingredients were very fresh from the spinach salad to the pizza. I will be taking any visitors from the city to this spot above any other casual restaurant in Roswell/Alpharetta.

1  Thank ccrawf32
Reviewed June 1, 2013

While visiting friends in Cumming they took us to Campania's, a new restaurant they had been to twice before. Our friends are Italian and from NYC, they know good Italian food and this choice was perfect. In an attempt to sample some of the food, my wife and I split a Dante Panino ($9)and a 13" Margherita Pizza ($12). The Panino is like a pizza pocket filled full of sausage, caramelized onions and provolone cheese served with a small side salad of mixed greens with a mixture of olives. This was absolutely delicious! The pizza was outstanding with a thin crust and fresh ingredients. These folks know their pizza which is made in a wood fired pizza oven. We ordered the house red wine (Vino Della Casa Roso) which was excellent and $6 for a good pour.
The restaurant has a warm and fresh appearance and one or both of the owners are always present.

1  Thank Russ106
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was tipped off to this place by a well-traveled friend and he was spot-on right. The owners, Stewart and Jennifer and the Pizzaiolo, Stefano, are very passionate about what they do. The ingredients are top-notch (even the flour is from Naples) and the care that goes into the pizza shines through. The Tartufo is awesome, with the truffle oil and pancetta, but I am personally partial to the Salsiccia (to which I had carmelized onions added) and it was heavenly. The oven is from Italy and the pizzas are cooked at 1000 degrees on slabs of volcanic rock from Mount Vesuvius in 90 seconds. I can't wait to see what else they add to menu (looking forward to pastas!). Oh, and order the Tiramisu - - worth every penny. We will be going back soon. So glad it is so close to home - - nice to not have to drive into Atlanta to get pizza to rival that at Antico (personally, it's better.....)! Take the time to drive out to Alpharetta and help support these folks - - it's worth the trip and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Even though I come from the best Borough, Brooklyn, which is part of the greatest city in the world, New York, I must admit that our version of pizza is very different from our Italian friends across the pond.

New York pizza is tasty, greasy, thin, cheesy and so many other verbs, but to taste real Italian pizza is to visit Campania- the Naples of Alpharetta.

Campania is a new and lovely establishment located at 800 North Main Street in Alpharetta. It is a bit hidden in a new shopping center near Lowe's. I suggest you look for it. You will not be disappointed.

Tonight I went to Campania with my sister and brother in law, who also just returned from Europe where we spent our time eating and traveling through Italy, France and Spain together. The best surprise of all tonight was, not only the pizza, but the joy in the people who served and fed us.

Jennifer Simmons and Stewart Muller (who are partners in life and business- Jennifer's words) opened a warm and welcoming restaurant filled with the freshest ingredients. This is not a phrase, but the reality of what makes this restaurant different from any other pizza restaurant in Alpharetta. I cannot begin to tell you what it was like to talk to Stefano ( accent on the fano) about his oven, the tomatoes, the Buffalo Mozzarella, the Parma Cotto and the organization he commands of the kitchen.

Stefano Rea, the pizza guru, who gave me an education on the amazing Stefano Ferrara Oven ( just a coincidence that they are both Stefano) that sits proudly awaiting his creations, also gave me a tour of the kitchen and freezer. The stacks of neatly rising dough, labeled and dated, along with the fresh mozzarella floating in water just waiting for people like me to enjoy( he hands me a ball of cheese and says "taste this"), the double zero flour used to make the delightful crust is stacked just beyond the freezer which Stefano pulls out so I can see the address of Napoli, Italy- his home. He has such wonderful enthusiasm and is excited to tell me about what it means to him to have these fine elements to make his pizza.

I have actually never met anyone so proud of making pizza. It is clear he wants us all to understand that the finest ingredients he puts into the pizza will make us appreciate the taste that much more. I agree and hope you will understand that if you use the best, nothing more need be done to make it taste good.

I always say - "No need to add sauces and more ingredients. If the basics are fine and fresh, it will taste good. Something I learned a long time ago in cooking school in New York.

Ricco is also a great asset to Campania. A native of Milan, he is an experenced server with a friendly demeanor.( No not everyone here is from Italy- actually Jennifer is from Seattle and Stewart from - where else- New York). You will find that the staff are all very accomplished.

The hours of operation are M-W 11:30 AM-9:00 PM and 10:00 on Fri and Sat. They are- you guessed it- closed on Sunday.

I hope I have conveyed my feelings about how proud they are about the products and food they present. It is my suggestion to see for yourself.
Reservations are accepted for 6 or more. Make yours as soon as possible and have a dulce del giorno for me, Canoli's, Tiramisu, and so much more are all made fresh on the premises.

Buon Appetito