“Great place for quick seafood”
Review of Blu Bay Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blu Bay Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed September 22, 2013

After having tried the previous restaurants in this location prior to Blu Bay we really weren't expecting much but thought we'd give it a try since it's close to home. Upon entering we still weren't feeling positive as the general atmosphere had a somewhat fast food vibe. We were quickly seated but did have to wait longer than expected for wait staff to visit us. We ordered different seafood platters and were pleasantly surprised by both quality and portion size. We found the service during our visit to be very slow and inattentive but were otherwise happy. If you're looking for a fine dining style of seafood I'd look elsewhere. If you're looking for a simple and satisfying meal give this place a try.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was really great! Only wish I knew hush puppies came with the oyster appetizer then would not have order extras with my grilled meal. However the portions and food was awesome! The place was very busy and the staff was great checking on us and refills. The staff ask if we need anything cooked or prepared differently so they could have it corrected for us. Great place!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have few good seafood restaurants and were anxious to try this fairly new place. The interior was dark and the music was loud. The small serving/senior serving offers were an excellent idea. However, my grilled catfish was only lukewarm and somewhat soggy. My husband's fried 'whole' catfish was just as described = whole. Three whole fish were heaped on his plate. We wondered why they offered them whole, as the chance of choking on their many fish bones could be quite high. However, my husband thought they tasted good. I loved my serving of vegetables and the hush puppies were tasty if not a little dry. Service was good.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across the place. It is very fun, great staff. Food was fresh. We will be back. We had the lighter side and the portions were still huge.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A pretty bad experience from A to Z. Two couples on a weekend for conversation and some seafood. Booths are pretty uncomfortable (very square and hard). Ambient noise level was high even without many people there.

My wife ordered one of 9 specials. Several minutes went by and the waiter said they were out of it. She ordered another of the 9 specials. Several more minutes went by and they were out of that too. Pretty poor menu control and communication especially for a Saturday night. Clam Chowder was poor. I had a combo scallop and shrimp main course and only the scallops arrived. The baked potato wasn't done properly. The waiter was responsive and trying to be helpful but it was hopeless.

They gave us a free entrée without us asking which was nice. They also delivered a free dessert which was mediocre at best.

One person took the order, a different person delivered the food, another person took plates away. Butter and sour cream came in small separate containers which made them hard to use.

Outdoor seating is not private and next to a busy strip mall parking lot.

Pretty disorganized and not good. There are other seafood choices in the area.

1  Thank Trek-Always