“Spiced Right”

Add it.
Mayuri Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Mayuri has the best Indian food I've ever tasted. Each of the many selections (on the lunch buffet) had distinctly different spices...that, in my mouth, tasted perfectly balanced with each food item. The selections were all fresh and delicious. I look forward to my next visit. Also, the owners wisely invested in refurbishing the building prior to opening.

1  Thank Frommer_R

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything started out well, the restaurant was crowded with people (mostly Indian families, a good sign) and the staff that greeted us was friendly and helpful with food descriptions.

My hubby and I shared the fried spinach appetizer and it was delicious. The couple with us ordered the naan with two sauces and it, too, was good. I shared the Chicken Tikka Thali (mild!) with a friend and there was plenty for two. The chicken was tender and the sauces were yummy. Hubby got Chicken Tikka Masala and it was REALLY spicy. By the way, hubby's dish stayed up all night with him :(

About the sauces... And why I rated service just average. While our server was placing dishes on our table, her dangly bracelet (I thought that was a no-no in the food industry?) dipped into one of our dishes. We told her, and she apologized, so that's it, right? NO!! When she cleared our table, the bracelet goes into the sauce AGAIN! We told her and she apologized, but where else has that bracelet been?

Bottom line: the food is good, the staff is friendly, but please- avoid bling malfunctions and leave the dangly jewelry at home.

2  Thank isabill
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you love tomato soup in each and every dish, this is the place to go. We visited this place for dinner and ordered Paneer Jalfrezi. The description didnt mention anything about the tomato gravy. When it arrived, we questioned them about this. The manager was very curt in his response, indirectly indicating that in case we want anything with little or no tomato we should walk out.

3  Thank ManasSingh
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best India food in area. Right next to mall. Quick service and nice staff. Just opened. Lots of options from order. I liked the taste of curry. will go again for sure. :)

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been to several Indian restaurants in the Roswell/Alpharetta area, and this restaurant is definitely my favorite! The menu has a big variety of choices, with North and South cuisine. The food was delicious. It may be a bit pricier than other Indian restaurants, however their dishes are a lot bigger, the amount of food that you get is worth the price. My dish was amazing, I will absolutely be eating here often!

2  Thank Emily T