“I was full, but I ate dessert anyway.”

Alpine Bakery and Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alpine Bakery and Trattoria is a full service Italian restaurant and European/American Bakery. We offer a extensive menu Italian entrees such as pasta, chicken, veal and seafood. After dinner choose from over fifty dessert options in our bakery
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is really nice. We went for dinner, and they have a nice menu. Good wine selection and mixed drinks. As for beer, only Peroni on draft but a selection of bottled beers as well. The bread they serve before the meal is VERY good. The menu had many selections that looked great, but we felt like pizza, so we split one. It was EXCELLENT! After eating almost the entire loaf of bread, half a pizza and 2 beers I was stuffed. BUT - you gotta see the dessert selection. And I mean that litterally. Don't go by the printed dessert menu. Get out of your booth and check out the dessert display case - you'll be glad you did. First of all, some of the desserts are HUGE. But, more important, there are many items in the display case that are not listed on the dessert menu. (I did NOT check out the display case before ordering.) Most of the desserts were priced in the $7 - $9 range. But I saw that a cream puff was just $2. Like I said, I wasn't hungry and I figured the $2 cream puff must be pretty small, so I ordered two. Wrong - they were the size of my fist! I ate one for dessert and brought the other one home. I just had it for breakfast about an hour ago - still delicious!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Took my lunch buddies here for lunch, based on a recommendation from my wife. Place was packed out and it was ~1:00p, got a table and the server showed up immediately. Placed an appetizer order (calamari) that took a little longer than I would have expected, but was very good. We had salmon BLT (not called that), crab cake sandwich and Italian beef, all came with a side of your choice. All lunches were fantastically delicious, sides are very good, liked the shaved parmigiana on the Cesar salad. Service was better that expected for a large lunch crowd, lot of staff all attentive.
So, no room for dessert, get it to go. Bought a variety of items, all FAB...

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I are kicking ourselves for not having investigated Alpine sooner. Last night was our 3rd visit in less than a month. Even having been there as recently as we had, we could think of no better Valentine's celebration spot.

Everything we've tried is incredible (ate leftover ziti for breakfast it was so good), and the service is stellar. The manager, James, is watchful as he patrols the dining room, always taking the time to give a warm greeting and verify that everything is up to par.

And the bread... The freshly baked table bread with whole peppercorns and a light dusting of what I'm guessing is sea salt... amazing and potentially addictive. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great service by Heather. They baked the eggplant when I requested it instead of fried. Sue had crab fettuccine which was also very good. Beet solid was tops. Fresh home baked bread to start. Nice not too loud piano player added to the night. Many people go there just for the bakery or pizza. A surprising gem in crabapple. Dinner (no drinks) was $60 with tip. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Trek-Always
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wonderful restaurant and wonderful service! Made a late reservation for a large party (15) and the staff and James couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The table was ready, the servers wonderful, and even when more people showed up than planned, they quickly added another table and got us all set.
The food was delicious and well presented, with very large portion sizes. Many of our party were from other countries and were amazed at the food. Then we started dessert...
What a wonderful experience - outrageous selection and delicious options no matter the choice! Each plate was decorated and served with oohs and ahhs from the party.
Several went back on another night just to enjoy dessert again!
Thank you James and team for a great evening.