“The food was amazing! Service not so much.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mambo Jambo

Mambo Jambo
Ranked #33 of 512 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Latin, Caribbean, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Destin, Florida
“The food was amazing! Service not so much.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

A business associate and I went to lunch on a Thursday. We chose to sit outside which we really enjoyed, we were the only ones out there. I love trying new things and don't like the same old same old... When I asked if there was anything, giving that preface, that I just had to try I was told chicken and rice... maybe they had an amazing flavor that I would have never tasted, but that wasn't told to me, so I was thinking, really???? We ended up ordering the steak and blue cheese quesadilla and a shrimp dish that was amazing. The food was terrific, so good, in fact, that I may actually go back and hope for better service.

Visited May 2013

“Enjoyable Latin Cuisine”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went here with a group of folks and the wait staff was very nice. The food was pretty good; we had the tapas sampler and then a main course, all of which was very tasty. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and decor, I'll be back again to have some wine and try another main dish. Give a try, you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,666 helpful votes
“At least it started off great!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This restaurant has great potential, but its execution was somewhat flawed. The atmosphere is exotically Latin American. There were pillowed benches which were quite comfy, and the music was tastefully discrete. Wait staff was nice even though their suggestions weren't always on the mark.

The Mixed Ceviche that came as part of the appetizer was incredibly delicious. The Zarzuela de Mariscos gumbo was well stocked with seafood and supported by a strong tomato base. As for the main course, however, the Peruvian Filete de Peescado a lo Macho (grilled filet of fish topped with a delicate seafood sauce of shrimp, calamari and mussels with onions, tomatoes, aji Panca and cream) that the waiter highly recommended was a disappointment. It was neither spicy nor particularly good and well overcooked. Desert wasn’t much better – the Tres Leches wasn’t anything I felt needed to be consumed in its entirety.

So what started off as a 5 quickly dropped to a 4 and then 3.5 star evening. I'm tempted to round down since it was the waiter who proactively counseled us to order his favorite fish dish. Instead I’m rounding up because there were hints of brilliance that warranted a second try.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
“Great food, very nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this .. Really good food.. Authentic as the locals said.. I had the Cajun dishes which were awesome!

• Visited February 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Tasty Tapas”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Tapas is really for the bar area. We ordered it for dinner. It was delicious the second time around, just like the first. I enjoyed the Portabella one. There were so many good dishes to choose from. The fried calamari was tender and tasty. The moijtos were decent. They weren't the best I've ever had but they were good.

Visited April 2013