“This was a winner for us!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were visiting family in Dunwoody and Alpharetta and needed a place to stay for 4 nights. We chose La Quinta after checking Tripadvisor reviews. We loved it! The location couldn't have been better. Our room was large and spotless. Breakfast was fine for us since we don't eat much more than cereal, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area was very comfortable with plenty of room. We had some spare time to fill and we were pleased to find that there is a large shopping mall within walking distance. This hotel is just off exit 9 of rt. 400 which was very convenient for us. Finally, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and the room rates very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DICKKEIM

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed at this property about 5 months ago and it was a very nice property. Not sure what happened but on this stay there were a number of significant maintenance and housekeeping issues. Room 219 has food crumbs between the bed and nightstands, mold in the tub caulking that was coming loose, broken shower handle, the common area trash cans were overflowing, there was broken door frame on the south entrance door, a cracked column base at the South entrance, all the entry ways were dirty with leaves blown inside and tracked all down the hallway, etc. Something happened to this property since my last stay and this will probably be my last stay. Serious maintenance and housekeeping problems. Wanted to let the front desk know I was going to check out early and I could not get anyone to answer the phone or show up at the front desk. The place is a mess. New management is needed. Somebody needs to be less concerned about the budget and more concerned about properly running this place,

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank COFLZephyr
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The staff at this hotel was very nice, but the accomadations leave a lot to be desired. My ac was broekn as well as the telephone. the location is good if you are going to see a show at the new ampitheatre. Yet there are nicer hotel around if you can get in those first.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have been to this same LQ for a Professional Learning Activity at the Milton Learning Center. When I received my email from LQ about DOUBLE Reward Points for October...I found a reason to return. My government (teacher) rate was $49.00 (approx $55 with taxes) was worth the rest and relaxation. The hotel in just beside North Point Mall--you can walk but we did not. If you are an American Girl fan....plan a trip here--stay here and go to the American Girl Store at North Point. Your little girls will love you! My husband and I came up early--we were to pick our daughter up at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport at 9:30 pm. The airport is a 40 min ride but not bad. GA 400 (toll $.50) will get you quickly to I75/85 to airport. We had a room on the second floor. Large room, large bathroom, flat screen TV, wall thermostat--bed was comfortable. The front desk was excellent. Our plan was to stay two nights but I had to work late on Friday--I called I explained to the front desk that I needed to cancel due to work in my classroom. That same person checked us in on Saturday and remembered me! Lobby is HUGE----breakfast is great! Grounds are beautiful---If you just need a get away, shopping, or a concert at Verizon Amphitheater---this is it!
Good Thing: TV Screen Saver: Crashing Ocean Waves and Full Moon--I want this at home.
Bad Thing: 1:46 am FIRE ALARM went off. Up dressed and exited to parking lots with others. Apparently someone pulled it---the front desk was unaware that we all exited the side door and were all in parking lot--until my daughter went around to the front and in the front door to ask if we could come back in.....This was the night GA Tech beat Clemson so there were a number of people that were just coming in. I will say that has NEVER happened to me before. No doubt you WILL wake up if it goes off!

Room Tip: Has 6 floors and because of fire alarm--glad I was on the second. We were on parking lot side (odd...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Room was clean & large, soft towels. I had problems with coffee & waffle batter being empty, had to wait several minutes. Other than that, great stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Great bargain in a convenient location. We were surprised how large our room was. Very clean and well lit. Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. Hotel looks new. Not really a complaint but i wish fresh fruit was severed with breakfast. We are planning more trips to Atlanta so this LQ will definitely be our place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here a couple of days ago and really enjoyed our time at this hotel. We only stayed one night and I would have stayed a few more if were staying in Atlanta longer! We were greeted and helped by a great font desk staff. Beds were comfortable and the room was really nice and clean. We were told there was a concert that night and when we got back to our room we could hear the music but luckily air conditioner drowned it out :) We got a great deal on this place and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business