“Fabulous hotel - even for an Atlanta Braves game”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We went to Atlanta for a Braves game. Atlanta hotels were full with a big football game going on so we had to stay in Alpharetta. This hotel is a "best kept secret". There is nothing I could say bad about it. Service great, room great, breakfast great, price great, etc. To get to the Braves we had to drive 10 miles to MARTA station, then MARTA to Five Points where we caught the Braves shuttle. It took about 1-1/2 hours to get to the field but the hotel was worth it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank DixieChickTravels
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted that your chose to stay at Hotel Sierra! Thank you for your nice compliments. We look forward to your next stay in Alpharetta!
In hospitality,

Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed here because of the reviews and it is an excellent place to stay. It is clean, the staff is friendly. Our room has a full refrigerator, cook top, microwave and dishwasher. We however have been eating a cook to order breakfast and managers reception in the evening that is provided for guest. It is close to a lot of resturanats and GA 400. The fitness room is great and they go out of the way to do extras for you like having towels kept in a refrigerator for your work out. We will definately come back here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us!. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you writing kindly about the hotel, even down to the small details such as the chilled towels in the fitness room. It is great to hear that you will "definitely" be back.
Julie Muriuki

Reviewed September 2, 2009

I should have written this review back in July when I stayed there with my 18 year old son. We were in town to visit my ailing mother. This hotel stay was an absolute delight in an otherwise stressful weekend. From the people at the check-in, the beautiful clean, quiet room, the delightful complimentary breakfast, and we even sat out by the pool for a bit and relaxed. My son and I walked to Macaroni Grill, and had a wonderful meal. Now I have recommended Hotel Sierra to my sister, who will be visiting my mother this upcoming weekend. OH and I forgot to mention the price of the room with the online reservation system made the whole experience unbelievable. Thank you so much!

Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad that we could provide some relief during such a troubling time. It sounds like you and your son were truly able to enjoy our amenities and take some time to relax. There is no greater compliment than to recommend someone, so it is great that your sister will be staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed August 9, 2009

In booking a hotel, I rely quite a bit upon the reviews given as well as my own personal research. All the positive reviews about this hotel are true in every aspect! For the price we paid, we were treated to much more than we expected. The rooms were well kept and very clean. Having two double beds and a sofa sleeper paid off especially with both of our children. The mini kitchenette with the microwave, refrigerator and sink were absolutely a plus. The morning breakfast buffet was truly much, much more than expected. There were made-to-order omelettes and waffles every morning. The kids loved this!! Plus they also had eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes and sausage patties on the weekend. The Starbucks coffee was also a nice addition. For those that do not like the heavy breakfast fixings, there were plenty of lowfat options such as yogurt, oatmeal, bagels and fruit as well as juices and cereal. Truly a nice included feature. Monday through Thursday there is the early evening appetizer and beverage selection, which included beer and wine. Very nice to unwind to after a long day out! The pool was nice as well. As one review mentioned, it was cold at first but in the 90 degree plus weather, we got used to it pretty quickly. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. There are plenty of restaurants in the area from steakhouses to fast food. The one great thing is that there is also a Walmart Supercenter right down the road too. Overall, this was just a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
We have read your review and are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Sierra. We have chosen amenities to make you feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Thanks,

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised and delighted by the Hotel Sierra. I was skeptical at first because I had not heard of this brand. Especially since the price was so good. But I was delighted to find this hotel very clean, updated, and comfortable. What amazed me most were all the free amenities - Starbucks coffee, free softdrinks, a free afternoon snack buffet with white and red wine, Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities, etc. We stayed in a suite with 2 double beds and a separate queen-size sleeper sofa. Perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. Nice-sized room. We would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank hurstdp

Thanks,

Reviewed July 30, 2009

My teen-aged daughter and I spent two nights here while attending a Jason Mraz concert (awesome!!!)at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (about 4 miles away) and this hotel was just about perfect! Our suite was clean, spacious, comfortable and convenient. The only thing missing from our room was a robe hook on the back of the door (I've contacted management and suggested they install one in every bathroom - must've been an oversight). The entire hotel sparkled with cleanliness and attention to detail. The front desk staff was consistently helpful in providing information and directions to places we wanted to visit. The pool was clean and very inviting. Our suite (108) was located just down the hall from the workout facility, breakfast, and across the hall from the ice machine, vending area & laundry (3 each washers & dryers - coin operated).

Our suite had the most comfortable beds and heavenly pillows - 4 on each bed. The living room had a super-comfy sofa, large desk/work space, and a kitchen area complete with a microwave, under-counter refrigerator, sink, large counter space & service for four. The large flat screen TV made me feel right at home. And did I tell you how much we loved wearing the plush robes?

Breakfast each morning would rival any restaurant for bread selections, made to order omelets, fresh waffles, and Starbucks coffee. The servers were friendly and greeted everyone with a warm smile. A Bistro Buffet was available Mon - Thur evenings 5:30 - 7 pm serving hot foods, beer and wine (all complimentary, I believe), but we were at the concert and unable to partake. The menu changed each evening.

We got a great price booking through the internet ($83 + tax each night) and I highly recommend this hotel. Clean & safe are my two requirements, along with a great shower & thirsty towels. Hotel Sierra exceeded my expectations! One word of warning: it sits off the road and signage is difficult to locate. We drove past it twice before finding it.

1  Thank TravelDiva001
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Traveling from Florida. My friend and I took our girls to the American Girl store in Alpharetta at the NorthPoint Mall. The mall was about 10 mins away from the hotel so that was a big help. Great location plenty of places to eat within walking distance and a Walmart and a drug store near by if you forgot anything. The staff was extremely pleasant. Our room was very nice, we loved the comfy beds. Having a kitchenette area was great since we had children with us.We booked on line with a non refundable deposit and saved BIG ! You couldn't beat the price. The hotel lobby was beautiful and all of us enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet. BTW the tables fill up so I would suggest getting there early don't wait till the last minute. We will definitively stay here again if traveling to the Atlanta area, its worth the drive !!