“Good Experience and Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Good Experience and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

.Our suite contained everything one could want in a hotel room. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. A fun touch was the made to order omelets for breakfast! We stayed for five days between Christmas and New Years and the Hotel Sierra seemed like home. The shuttle service was very handy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you and your business. Thank you for letting us and other reviewers know about your stay. We hope to see you back when your travels bring you to Alpharetta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel while visiting friends in the area. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. The gentlemen cooking omelets were very always smiling and made us very yummy eggs. The hotel itself is undergoing some construction as they get ready to rebrand the hotel to holiday inn. My family and I enjoyed the nightly bistro and omelets at breakfast, but unfortunately these things will be going away in a few weeks with the changing of the hotel brand. We did love the spacious rooms. They were clean and the beds were comfortable. As stated in another review, we too had ladybugs in our room. A bit unusual, but it was not a big deal. I do not know what the "new" hotel will be like, but if they keep their current staff it will be a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for noting our team members and their service to our guest. We appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know about the lady bugs, we will look into it and get this issue resolved. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you in 2014 when we become a Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Rocky Mount, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went down for a few days to celebrate the New Year and just enjoy Atlanta and the surrounding area. The staff at the hotel were more than helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was very nice, quiet, and conveniently located for everything we wanted...an overall great experience. We're definitely going back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you chose our property to spend the holiday! We appreciate your kind comments and value your business. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked this based on previous review. I was slightly sceptical since I didn't know the brand. I usually only stay at Marriott brands or Hilton brands. This may be the best bang for the buck in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are so glad you gave us a chance and happy to hear we met your expectations. We hope you will be back again in the near future. Thank you for your business!
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great. Hotel staff was great. Rooms was nice and clean, wifi speed was great, beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very clean and had a great hot shower. Hot breakfast was great. There is renovation going on at this property but it did not affect my stay. I would recommend to all my friends ad family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you and your business. We love to hear you will not only return, but let others know about your excellent stay. We are so excited about our renovations and new brand. We look forward to seeing you back again soon. Thank you so much for your business!!
Loveland, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for a conference back in August. It was ranked #1 in Alpharetta. I come here about once a year for business and have stayed at a number of other hotels. I had never heard of Hotel Sierra and decided to give it a try because of the rating and the "make to order" omelet bar for breakfast and evening reception. Upon arriving, I saw the signs about the remodeling and changeover. All in all, the hotel was a little disappointing. I understand the fact that they are painting, etc. But they need to make some changes quickly before their rating goes down any more. My room was ok, but getting tired looking. It is the little things. The television stand looks like it was deigned for something else; there is a place to hold a tissue box in the bathroom vanity that is no longer used and a box sits on the counter; no usable drawer space; only one glass in the cabinet; sad looking lamps and bed linens. I was only there two nights and by myself, so it was sufficient, but certainly not a #1 rating.
The room wasn't dirty, except for one strange thing that I saw. When I plugged in my phone charger next to the sofa, there looked like what appeared to be a sink stopper sitting on the floor. It is hard to believe that someone wouldn't see that when cleaning the room.

The ice maker on my floor was not working and had a sign on it as to the other floors to get ice. I went up one floor and that ice maker room was locked with no sign. It was the little things.

The breakfast room was a real disappointment. It was very drab, had no appeal. The tables and chairs were worn and just generally sad. When I arrived for breakfast a little after 6:30 on the first morning, the omelet station was just being set up, so I got some breakfast off of the buffet. The station was still not ready when I left. The next morning I rearranged my schedule and went down for breakfast at 7am. The omelet bar was up and running and I had to wait for mine to be made. The cook was working very hard and breakfast was good, but again I was disappointed that the timing was a problem. This is the same area where they have the evening reception set up. It was nice in that there was beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. They change it out every evening. But again, the room is so uninviting to sit and have a drink in the evening after work.

The front desk was very nice and welcoming. The room rate was very reasonable and the room was spacious and quiet, but they need to do something quickly to get return customers.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SueCLoveland
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review. We are sorry we did not meet your travel expectations. As you mentioned, we are currently going through a complete renovation, so the items you mentioned are currently being upgraded. As you know these big renovations do take time, so we hope you will return in the near future when we are a brand new hotel.
Thank you for your business.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a great bath and wonderful night sleep in this king suite. Desk attendant was friendly and helpful and when I walked into the room iPad dock was playing spa sounds. There is a faint smell of paint in the halls and lobby, but none in my room. Also they are changing out furniture so lobby is bare. Breakfast is free omelette bar etc.. And good, not great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. You are correct, we are making some great new changes, so we hope you will be back in a few months when we are all done.
We value you and appreciate your business!