“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Pace, Florida
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel while planning a week-long baseball tournament event and team booking. The Trip Advisor reviews were very impressive, and the rates were excellent for the Atlanta area. So, I took the chance on a hotel that I'd never heard of before. We were not disappointed. As advertised, the staff was outstanding, the hotel is clean, and the location simply cannot be beat. Especially if you're booking for a group and need lots of nearby restaurant optons -- all within walking distance! The only reason I didn't rate the property as excellent is because the breakfast buffet and afternoon bistro are a little limited. But, there were two baseball teams and associated fans on site simultaneously. So, it's hard to ding the hotel too much for that. Best of all, "Clark Kent" the omelet man was phenomenal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carter H
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for your business!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jacksonville FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Saw this property on a recent trip through Alpharetta. So pleased with my decision to stay! Perfect location. Excellent room rate. Friendly check-in staff. Clean, brightly lit lobby/dining area. Clean, quiet and comfortable room. Breakfast (included!) was great - coffee, juice, tea, omelets, waffles, potatoes, sausage, cereal muffins, fruit...didn't use workout room or pool but those looked nice too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mlb7423
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business!!
Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I loved the hotel, the room, the breakfast and the staff, they even provided a courtesy shuttle back and forth to the GM Training center north of the hotel. This is the nicest hotels I have stayed in. recommend this highly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bobjohnson2016
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it had good ratings, but from the beginning. When I arrived at 12:15am there was no attendant at the front desk. I waited for almost 10 mins. Ridiculous!! When I finally checked in and got my room key I went to the 6th floor and the key didn't even work. I went back down to the front desk and had to wait a few more mins because of course there was no attendant there.
The hotel smells like old cigars. I had several hairs on my white bed sheet which probably means the sheets haven't been washed. The only nice thing about this hotel is the breakfast. This hotel is not worth $90 a night. Very disappointing!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Cartierwhispers,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience at check-in and with the smell of the room. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Covington, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a King Studio Suite with the little fridge and microwave, and it was a wonderful room. I stayed a few days later for 4 nights with 5 teens in a 2 double bed/sofa bed studio suite. It was sufficiently roomy, but the bathroom is pretty small for that many (6) people. But the room was terrific, cleaning staff was EXCELLENT! They made it a pure joy for me, the chaperone, to enjoy my down time while the girls were at sports camp during the day. Most days they would have already cleaned our room, made up the beds, replaced all the towels, and wiped the counters, vacuumed, and dusted by the time I returned from dropping the kids off. Front desk staff is very helpful and went out of their way to help me find a can opener in the Bistro Kitchen. The breakfast was very good, and allowed us to save money. We had some of the food in the evening Bistro, and it was pretty decent. Fitness Center was in very good order and very clean. We enjoyed the outdoor pool. It was quiet and well maintained. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in 621 and had a nice view of the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed over after a concert at the Verizon Amphitheater/Encore Park. I called to confirm my reservation and the front desk was very helpful and provided me with hotel information for the day of our stay. We only stayed one night but appreciated the late check out (noon) the next morning which allowed us to sleep in and not rush. The breakfast was better than expected (juices, starbucks coffee, omelet station, sausage, hasbrowns, bagels, muffins etc...) The staff provided excellent service and seemed happy to be working there. Looking at other hotels in the area I would say this is the most convenient and the greatest value- especially if you are going to an event at Encore Park. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is clean, reasonably priced, in a convenient location, and has large rooms. However, there are some unusual things about the room. I had a double room, and if lying in bed, the TV was situated to the right of the right-side bed, meaning the person in the left bed cannot see the front of the TV at all. I think the TV was placed there not only because of the layout of the room, but in an effort to let guests in both beds and the separate sitting area with couch see the TV. In reality, you can only see the TV from the one bed. Also, being a female I like to have a full-length mirror to view my outfit after dressing. The full-length mirror in this room is INSIDE the closet - weird. Of special note: I saw that another reviewer commented on the lack of blackout curtains to keep light out (there are only sheers). I called the front desk and they told me the curtains are hidden BEHIND the sheers. This sounds silly, but the clock on the bedside table was so large/bright that it was like a beacon shining in the room when all lights were out. In fact, it reflected directly across into the mirror in the dressing area, and I had to physically turn the clock around to be able to sleep. Also, the hotel is modern but appears to have been renovated at some point, as the fixtures are dated. Because of this, the wall sconces beside the beds cannot be turned of when you are in bed. So after reading and then wanting to turn out the light, you have to get out of bed to turn off the light. Some of these items are trivial, but just to take note of for comfort. Overall, this hotel was suitable for my trip and the free Wi-Fi worked well. Would I stay here again? Yes. Would this be my preferred hotel? No

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BCTE4,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the layout of the room. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.