“Was not what i expected”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Decatur, Georgia
“Was not what i expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was ok. The breakfast was ok . The room was smaller than what i expected. The curtins did not close to darken the room. Window did not open for fresh air . The internet was very slow in the business room. The bathroom was small , the tub was average size .The bed was very uncomfortable. Walked over to doubletree hotel next door and got some warm cookies and milk . Wished i had stayed there instead. I hotel is very over priced. Have stayed in better hotels for less money.The staff was very friendly. The area was close by walmart and several eating places, shops . This was a get away for a friend birthday. Stayed here to try somewhere different. Would not recommend if looking for quality for your money (price).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear cmgp12,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. It is really nice to know that you found the bed comfortable. On the other hand, I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over some of the room amenities. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brasília
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my second time in this hotel and again I'm very satisfied. Good room (with a kitchenette), good shower, quiet location, very good access to the main shopping places in North Atlanta area (it was what I was looking for). Staff is very friendly and helpful. I bought several items at Amazon.com, shipped to the hotel and they holded it for me. Breakfast now is even better, with complimentary fresh made omelets. Parking is free as well wi-fi, which works quite well. At last, price is very attractive. I recommend and would stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Averbuch
Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this property while traveling form Michigan to St. Simons Island for spring break. We got a great rate of only $48 per night which included a free hot breakfast (with omlette bar and waffles), it was like staying for free! The room was spacious, with a pull out sofa, 2 double beds, and kitchenette. The room wa clean, had soft comfortable sheets, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. I would certainly advise people to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelinMaMa38
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The entire staff, from front desk to breakfast attendant, was friendly, personable and we will definitely stay there again. Room was clean and actually smelled nice! Breakfast was more than we expected.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Savannah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a Team Soccer manager for U14 girls. I always use Hotelplanners.com to plan our trips as it sends me bids on hotels in an area with the criteria I am looking for. This past weekend was an Alpharetta (Atlanta) trip on an extremely busy weekend (Final 4, Braves, Spring Break, Centennial) After 4 bids unable to accommodate the number of double rooms needed, we blocked rooms with Hotel Sierra. After making it through a little snaffue with holding rooms, everything else was wonderful - they were even able to accommodate 2 late rooms added. Rooms were in great condition, bigger than normal suites with a full kitchen, everything was exceptionally clean, staff very helpful without being annoying or phony, and breakfast was the big topping on the cake - the chef with his omelets was fantastic. Allowing a later check out time was also extremely helpful since we didn't have to be to our next game until 2:00. There were even nice robes in the room which I personally love since mine is too bulky to pack. Is definitely on my list to return to the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Camano Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed one night on a recent business trip. The room was spacious and quiet but the bathroom was small. The toilet was especially small and for that reason alone I would not stay there again.

The free breakfast was good with made-to-order omelets and waffles. The free wifi was OK.

My room, the hallways and the lobby/breakfast area were all too warm. I even had my air conditioner on but I could not get the room cool. This is likely due to the low outside temperatures (40-60) not allowing the units to cool. Whatever the reason, it was uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear IP_Travelers,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that you liked our breakfast. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you are looking for a 3 star type, free breakfast, nice but inexpensive place to stay, this is it. If I were rating it, I would give it 3 1/2 stars because it's really a step above. My husband and I were there with our two daughters to visit the American Girl doll store. We had a king suite. The couch pulled out into a bed and they slept great on that. The couch also had a chaise lounge on the end of it, so even with the bed pulled out, there was still another place to sit (and this could also serve as a sleeping place for a third child). Our bed was extremely comfortable. The room has a kitchenette with real dishes, a large desk with a nice chair, one TV that swivels, a small alcove next to the vanity that was the perfect space for the suitcase, and a clean bathroom. The shower was hot with good water pressure. The breakfast was fantastic with made to order omelettes and waffles with Starbucks coffee (along with the other usual fare such as muffins, cereal, bagels, etc). Before we got there, I told my husband how little I had paid for our hotel and he got worried that maybe it was in a bad part of town, but it's not. It's in the thick of all kinds of restaurants and shopping (there's a Tilted Kilt practically in the parking lot and it's only about 10 minutes to the mall). The best complement came from my 7 year old a day after we returned home. Keep in mind that we had gone to the American Girl store (a first time, dream come true kind of trip) and stopped at the Tellus museum on the way, but her out of the blue comment was "I sure miss that nice hotel!".

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor (6th) on the very end. If it weren't for other people at the bre...