“Service at it's best !”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Service was above and beyond. Enjoyed the complimentary bistro pre Thanksgiving dinner (yellow tail wine served) and loved the morning breakfast also complimentary, made to order omelets and a variety of other breakfast food was a pleasant surprise .. As someone with a degree in Hospitality this hotel exceeded my expectations. Family had a great time. Early checking and friendliness of the staff made the experience wonderful.

Rooms were spacious and clean enjoyed. Refrigerator and microwave and dishes. You don’t get room service daily (not needed) but you are provided with daily towels and constant refill of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Everyone was pleasant and you always felt welcomed.

Everything is close by, Target, Wal-Mart, Publix, and Kroger for groceries. There are also an abundance of shops and dining options are plentiful. Service is key at this hotel and they make sure that you are comfortable by constantly asking if there is anything they can do for you.
Funny but Staybridge hotel’s rude manager insisted that I call this hotel (guess he was not happy at the rate that I had got for the hotel from that I had booked a week in advance,) I want to thank him for referring me to this wonderful hotel.

Stayed here with my hubby and son for 3 nights while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Look no more this is the place to stay! This will be my home away from home every time I am in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the Hotel Sierra Alpharetta, but the first time for my wife. Our trip was part leisure and business. We initially were looking at staying in Atlanta for the leisure part of our trip, as the trek into Atlanta from Alpharetta is a bit of a hike. However, after looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Atlanta, we decided that the drive in from Alpharetta greatly outweighed the additional costs of staying right in Atlanta (parking costs, higher hotel costs, lack of included breakfasts and nightly bistros, etc.).

The staff at the Hotel Sierra Alpharetta are second to none. They really made us feel welcomed and at home after our long flights from western Canada. From the check-in to check-out, the staff really attended to all of our needs. They are very knowledgeable of the area and give some great advice on what to see and do.

We stayed in a studio suite with a king bed on the 3rd floor, and we were very impressed as it is quite spacious. We found our suite to be clean and very quiet during our stay. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great sleep. The mini fridge came in handy as we were able to store some additional drinks and food for use on our travels around the Atlanta area. There was a nice seating area (full couch and lounger) which was convenient when you wanted to sit back and watch a bit of TV without having to do so by lying in bed.

The included breakfasts are very good. It typically consists of the normal continental breakfast items (cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruits, juice, Starbucks coffee, etc.) but it also has hot breakfast components (eggs, bacon, sausages, etc.) along with made to order items such as omelettes and waffles. My wife greatly enjoyed the made to order omelettes with very fresh ingredients, and I enjoyed the fresh Belgian waffles. The evening bistro has a varying menu (e.g. Swedish meatballs, chicken tenders, BBQ pulled pork, hot dogs, to name a few) which is typically accompanied by a salad, fresh veggies, fruit, and a cheese and cracker platter. Oh, and did I mention that various pop, a white & red wine, and beer (on tap) are also available at no charge during the evening bistro!

Alpharetta is a beautiful city and has many great restaurants throughout. We found it to be a great location for many of our adventures, be it shopping at the North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville, exploring Stone Mountain Park, or the sights and sounds of Atlanta.

We highly recommend staying at the Hotel Sierra Alpharetta, and will be returning on future trips to the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was in the area for training and stayed at Hotel Sierra. I stayed because I had seen other positive reviews, compared to other hotels around there. I was very happy with my stay there. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It included a nice selection of breakfast foods, and some food/drinks in the evening. Check out and check in were smooth and fast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I made last minute reservations after finding this hotel on line. The price and location were just right. When we arrived, the desk clerk was pleasant and helpful, even giving us an upgrade. The room was spacious and well appointed. it was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast omelets plus the accompanying breads and drinks were a perfect start to the day. Unfortunately, we were there on a weekend so we missed the bistro in the evening but maybe we'll get there someday for that. We'll certainly return. I can only second what others have said about staying here. No annoying passwords to use the wifi. Smooth, quick check in and check out. Reasonable rates. We go to Alpharetta to visit family and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had tickets to see a show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and preferred to stay the night nearby rather than making the nearly 2 hour drive home so late. Based on the convenient location and positive traveler reviews, we chose Hotel Sierra and we were very impressed! We were greeted with fresh popcorn in the lobby and excellent service for a smooth, quick check-in process. Our room was clean, spacious, and everything appeared to be new or recently updated. Wi-fi is dependable, available in room, and free of any hassle with confusing passwords. I was able to participate in my online class with no problems, and had a large desk to work from.

We stopped by the lobby to enjoy the "bistro" service, complete with soda, wine (Yellowtail selection), beer (Warsteiner keg), and a small meal - that night's menu included barbeque chicken mini sandwiches, salad, and fresh fruit. It was an excellent treat and saved us time before the show and the money we'd have spent on an appetizer and drinks at a bar. It's available on weeknights 5:30-7.

Breakfast is complementary, and the omelets are delicious, but you do have to be there before 9am. The fitness center is small, but well stocked. The room price was great for the area. And finally, if you need a late night snack like we did, the Tilted Kilt is just a few steps away and stays open until 2am.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. We had an executive studio, but it was spacious an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

To my suprise, I stayed at this hotel for an equestrian event & was pleased. This time, it was close to the Atlanta Harp Center for a workshop. Hotel was clean, well maintained, comfortable rooms. Bathroom was spotless. As far as breakfast, we were so happy with the Indian food we had the night before, we stayed in our room & ate left overs with the great plates & microwave provided.

We plan on making another trip around Nov. & will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor, on end, in a corner. Only way to go.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Based on others reviews, we decided to take a chance. This is a great hotel, rates are very reasonable, service was outstanding ! Omlets fixed to order, pleasant people behind the counter. You can't miss with this hotel!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple