“Above and Beyond (not your average hotel)”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Georgia
“Above and Beyond (not your average hotel)”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had tickets to see a show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and preferred to stay the night nearby rather than making the nearly 2 hour drive home so late. Based on the convenient location and positive traveler reviews, we chose Hotel Sierra and we were very impressed! We were greeted with fresh popcorn in the lobby and excellent service for a smooth, quick check-in process. Our room was clean, spacious, and everything appeared to be new or recently updated. Wi-fi is dependable, available in room, and free of any hassle with confusing passwords. I was able to participate in my online class with no problems, and had a large desk to work from.

We stopped by the lobby to enjoy the "bistro" service, complete with soda, wine (Yellowtail selection), beer (Warsteiner keg), and a small meal - that night's menu included barbeque chicken mini sandwiches, salad, and fresh fruit. It was an excellent treat and saved us time before the show and the money we'd have spent on an appetizer and drinks at a bar. It's available on weeknights 5:30-7.

Breakfast is complementary, and the omelets are delicious, but you do have to be there before 9am. The fitness center is small, but well stocked. The room price was great for the area. And finally, if you need a late night snack like we did, the Tilted Kilt is just a few steps away and stays open until 2am.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. We had an executive studio, but it was spacious an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2012

To my suprise, I stayed at this hotel for an equestrian event & was pleased. This time, it was close to the Atlanta Harp Center for a workshop. Hotel was clean, well maintained, comfortable rooms. Bathroom was spotless. As far as breakfast, we were so happy with the Indian food we had the night before, we stayed in our room & ate left overs with the great plates & microwave provided.

We plan on making another trip around Nov. & will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor, on end, in a corner. Only way to go.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LEESBURG
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Based on others reviews, we decided to take a chance. This is a great hotel, rates are very reasonable, service was outstanding ! Omlets fixed to order, pleasant people behind the counter. You can't miss with this hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sugarcreek, Ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff probably is the difference. They are very friendly and responsive. The rooms are nice, though some May find the bathroom set up to small, especially if more than two people. Breakfast is nice with the egg omelet cook to custom make them to your order. Porcelain dishes and real silvetware is a relieve from the plastic world. Monday though Thursday also has a free evening bistro, with wine when we were their. Business people May fine this attractive. Our room didn't have paper or pen which would be inexpensive to add. I would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

WOW. This is truly a diamond in the rough. Smooth, quick check in (& out), close to just about everything you would need/want (restaurants, shopping, entertainment), AND heavenly accommodations for the weekend price. It's was a close call considering there were a few negative reviews, BUT I'm so glad I stuck with my gut. Thanks for an awesome Taste of Atlanta weekend.. Can't wait to return. I took photos but for whatever reason, I was not able to upload them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friends lucked into this hotel on Hotwire for $65. Normally this hotel will be in the $129 on up range. However, it is worth it, especially for longer stays, as the room we had included a full kitchen, an office, and probably the comfiest hotel bed I've slept on yet. When we walked into the room, they had some new age music playing. Nice, relaxing touch, even though normally new age music would make me puke.

This hotel also offers a completely free, great tasting breakfast from 7am-9am (I ate a little later and they were still serving). The man running the front desk was very professional, friendly, and helpful as he gave us the quick low-down on what the hotel has to offer. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels, and great service is often hard to come by. This is the number one reason why I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Atlanta area. Yes, you're a little farther outside the city, but top notch rest will put you in a good mood the rest of your trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I usually choose Hotel Sierra (now a Hyatt brand) above other chains if I can as my 'safe bet' hotel. The other locations at which I've stayed were like a modern oasis: beautifully designed with a fresh and contemporary nuance that was almost zen-like. The Alpharetta location feels like they didn't try hard enough to hide the fact it's a re-badged Days Inn. I don't know what hotel it really was before a Hotel Sierra, but the DNA is glaringly there. It seems like they didn't go through the expense of completing the makeover. Staff are friendly, breakfast, evening bistro and wifi are free. These things alone make up for the lackluster appearance of the rooms. The rooms are not bad, per se, it's just that I've come to expect more from Hotel Sierra, because my stays at other locations were much nicer.

• Stayed September 2012