“"WOW, I WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY BY THE SERVICE"”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I truly can't believe we received such an amazing great deal for such a beautiful hotel. The breakfast was amazing, I have stayed at a much more expensive Full Service Hotel in this area and was forced to pay $20+ for the exact same breakfast I received here at Hotel Sierra Alpharetta. The staff across the board was AMAZING! Everyone I encountered was genuinely friendly and you could tell they loved their jobs and wanted to take care of us!! DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone who is hesitating to choose a "non-branded" hotel and stick to an old favorite choice....definitely step outside the box and choose this hotel, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be great!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2011

WOW! My family and I stayed here for a recent soccer tournament and had never heard of "Hotel Sierra" were we totally blown away by the service, the awesome free HOT breakfast and the total cleanliness of the hotel!!! TRULY the best value & service I've ever found!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone who has ever had a bad experience at one of those "big names" hotels.....truly a diamond in the rough!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be great!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Khloe_V
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
It sounds like you had a great stay at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and amenities offered. Thank you for recommending to others and we hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Hotel was very nice and clean. Staff was very friendly and accomidating, especially the hotel shuttle service. There are several options for dining out near the hotel and the shuttle service is very convient. The rooms are nice & clean. The only complaint would have to be the air conditioning in the room is VERY loud when it kicks on and off. I would have had a better nights rest if the a/c would have been quieter. This was only a minor complaint for me, but for others it might have been a bigger deal. The suite is very nice with a full kitchen & full size refrige. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest, I am so delighted to know you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the great compliments regarding the breakfast and amenities offered. I'm sorry to hear that your AC unit was louder than you would have liked. I do apologize for this inconvenience. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We checked in to this hotel to find stained furniture and carpets. Chipped paint was visible throughout the hallways and doorways. The microwave had some schmutz on the outside of it. There was a general lack of upkeep and the hotel appeared extremely dated.

Also, the door that would enable the room to adjoin to another room was in the kitchen, over a tile floor. The noise coming from the adjacent apartment as they made dinner was considerable.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, but this hotel is not at all what I was expecting given the reviews. This reminded me of a hotel that 6 guys would cram into over spring break, not at all something meriting the reviews it received.

Needless to say, we hastily left and found alternate lodging.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nynjpaca
Reviewed July 25, 2011

When 250+ reviewers gives this hotel a 4.8 to 5.0 rating, look no further. The remodelled establishment was formerly Amerisuites. For the bargain weekend rate, you get plush & roomy accommodations with waffle terry bathrobes, designer & eco-friendly toiletries in pump-up dispensers, bright white linens, a mini kitchen area equipped with complete flatware / silverware / glasses / goblets for 4, micro-ref, and a flat screen tv. Breakfast is usual sausage/eggs/toast/muffins with 'starbucks' brand coffee. An "omelette chef" will cook to order your choice of omelette!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank minniemae
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so delighted to know you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the great compliments regarding the breakfast and amenities offered. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We trekked down to Atlanta Memorial Day Weekend for our (at least) annual trip to catch the Braves. We discovered the Alpharetta area some time ago and found it a convenient place to stay for most anything to see and do in Atlanta. However, this was our first stay at the Hotel Sierra. I am happy to say it will not be our last.

The value that this hotel is able to provide for the low room rates that they offer is remarkable. It is clean, the rooms spacious, and nicely located on Windward Parkway in Alpharetta, close to many good restaurants. The restaurant directory we were given at check-in was very helpful--plus it has great directions to all of the area listings. The front desk staff was very attentive, helpful, and cordial.

All in all, it was a terrific stay. I can't say enough good things about this place. We look forward to returning, possibly before the end of the summer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank redwolf87
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We read your comments are excited you had a terrific stay at Hotel Sierra. It sounds like the location was perfect for your time in Atlanta and the staff was attentive and helpful.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you later this summer.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I do not think I have ever stayed at a hotel that the staff was friendlier, the rooms cleaner, the beds comfier, or the coffee tastier.

My son and I have been going to Braves games for a few years and decided to try staying a little farther away from Atlanta proper so that we might be able to find a nice clean inexpensive hotel that would not break the bank on us and boy did we.

I booked this hotel directly for believe it or not $53 a night plus taxes. That’s right $53.

When we arrived that room was lit, the ac was on, and my son and I were amazed at how clean everything looked.

The only negative to the entire room was that ESPN had excessive amounts of static on the TV and it made following the NBA playoff games frustrating.

The next morning the coffee they serve is Starbucks and is it tasty. The breakfast was eggs, sausage, and hash browns. The staff was making fresh omelets and waffles to order. When I checked out I made my son a promise that we would stay here again the next time we are in town to see the Braves play.

Now if you are going to the games like we were there is a little driving you will have to do. You have to leave the hotel and go about 12miles to the Marta Station at North Springs. You can park free here for the day and $4.50 will get you a round trip pass for the game with a bus transfer to the game from the Shuttles that sit outside Underground Atlanta. These shuttles will take you to the game and bring you back safe and sound.

If you have ever driven to a Braves game you will understand that parking is nuts prepaid parking near the stadium is $12 plus they charge you $2 to print your own parking ticket from your computer. So that is $15. Then you have to brave (no pun intended) the traffic to get to the stadium.

For $9 my son and I rode to the game and back with no hassle what so ever. It took about 45 min for Marta to get us to the game. Last time I drove from Buckhead it took an hour and I almost was in an accident three times.

Nope Marta is the only way to get to the Game and back.

Hotel Sierra, thank you for a quiet, peaceful and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Third floor ice machice was missing.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gpphelps
HotelSierraGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

It is so great to read you've found your favorite hotel when visiting the Atlanta area for Braves games. I am so thrilled you decided to give us a try and had a wonderful stay. Thank you so much for the great comments regarding the hotel and breakfast. Also, thanks for the great tips for others that may be in town for Braves games.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again and again.