“Comfortable Hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Fort Collins, CO
“Comfortable Hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed here alone for a quick business trip in October 2010- nice hotel, clean, accommodating staff, great sundry shop. Will stay here again! There are restaurants nearby and it's not too difficult to find. About 45 minutes (with some traffic) from the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Great lobby area - I didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast but it definitely looked good!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

This Hilton Garden is a very convenient location near North Point Mall. The hotel has typical Hilton Garden amenities. The price we paid through the Hilton site included breakfast and was very reasonable. On the negative side, this hotel is very tired and needs redecorating. Stained carpets, old furnishings, small pillows on a king bed. The WiFi did not work except in the lobby. The staff said they would check into it and claimed it was working fine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lighthouse Point, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel is just what you would expect decor and room-wise. But the staff went above and beyond this past weekend during a big two night concert run over the 4th of July weekend. Never did I sense any hostility, frustration or lack of attention from any of the staff. In fact they went out of their way to be friendly, helpful and accommodating during a very busy time where they could have easily lost their cool. There were fresh baked cookies upon check in and a welcome bag with a snack and water. Plus, there's a great breakfast buffet and pool area where the staff actually brought plastic cups for guests who wanted to drink beers that were in bottles. No complaining that people shouldn't drink alcohol or couldn't have glassware, but unexpected help instead. Southern hospitality at it finest.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden (company recommended) 04/2010 for business. I checked in, left for dinner an hour later and while I was at dinner my ipod touch was stolen from my room (I placed it in the bedside draw). I did not notice it was missing until the next morning when I went to use it. The hotel manager did not seem alarmed, they did not call the police (I filed a police report when I got to my company's Alpharetta Office). The manager stated she would contact me once they conducted a thorough search I did not hear from anyone until my company filed a complaint at the corporate level. I felt very uncomfortable upon realizing someone entered my room in my absence and went through my things. I will not stay at this Hilton Garden and I will be very hesitant staying at another Hilton Garden anytime soon.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank accessory1
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

A bunch of us were there for a family wedding, and had a great time. (We stayed at the same hotel three years ago, for the sister of this year's bride!) They put us all together in a couple of spots in the hotel, which was nice for us and probably for the other guests as well. The rooms and common areas were both spotless, and the windows have nice views (the pool on one side, a cool wetland on the other). The staff is fabulous, all incredibly helpful and friendly--including Raymond the night manager. The kids loved the pool, and there's a great walking trail on the other side of the wetland by the hotel. We ate dinner one night at Joe's Crab Shack across the way, which was delicious. The only mixed bag was the breakfast. The cooked-to-order stuff was good (though I'd recommend asking for about half the usual amount of eggs in the omelets), but the food in the steamer plates was generally tasteless. Also, they have fresh fruit, which is great, but the quality is very variable. Sometimes it was good, other times very bland. The fresh cookies, on the other hand, were great!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Received friendly greeting upon arrival. Super-fast check-in. Very professional staff. Room was clean; everything in working order. Free wireless worked perfectly. Breakfast was superb. Lots of selection. And everything I tried was just right. Except the French Toast--that was over-the-top excellent!!! All in all, a great stay. Definitely would go there again and refer friends! Location is great if you need to be in/near the "400 Corridor," I think it's called. It is a fairly developed area, and it's easy to get turned lost, since street names in the area are similar to each other. It's 30-40 minutes or so from downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Norcross
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I checked in on Saturday 8/1. Room was nice, but there was hair on the sheets and snack chip crumbs on the carpeting. I addressed it at the front desk, and they resolved it immediately by Housekeeping coming in changing the sheets and vacuuming the floor. I was comfortable, stayed in that room, flipped my laptop open and began working.

However, the night Manager, Raymond, was on duty and remembered that I had booked that same hotel once before. I had addressed several issues while I was there. His team decided to move me around 4 different rooms – rather than resolve the issues. Not good. With that in mind – get a load of this…

I get a knock on the door – the night of my 8/1 reservation. Remember -- as I have already said…things are good, housekeeping has already fixed “hair and snack-chip” problem, and I am comfortably working on my laptop. So the Manager stands at my door and furiously states – “ I remembered you had several issues the last time you were here, …nothing made you happy…and I don’t want you back…We couldn’t sell those rooms because of you, …I’ll get your money so you can leave..”
I was appalled! And felt harassed when he continued to knock on my door throughout the evening. I don’t know whether he kept knocking to give me updates, or just what. But I was already working on a business call could not get up right away. The professional thing to do would have been to simply phone me at my room extension.
My previous stay, evidently aggravated the night Manager, Raymond, because, the first room was musty, the second room bath tub was dirty, the third room closets were not on track, and the fourth room AIR was not working. Rather than fix the issues, he chose to insult the customer. – Unacceptable!

What kind of Business etiquette is that when talking to a PAYING customer? Customer service is not in his vocabulary. And Hilton standards of excellence are not well reflected by this Manager, Raymond, at Hilton Garden Inn – North Point.

NOTE: I have contacted Hilton corporate about this.
Thanks for reading.