“SUPER Friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is a cut above most Hilton Garden Inns because the staff cares!! Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was neat and clean, the breakfast was okay. Rooms were nice and clean, and again, I give credit to the staff!! Id defintely select this location again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The checkin was pleasant, friendly desk staff and housekeeping.

Broke my nails opening the fridge, which was a little annoying. It has no handle or recess and is placed snugly into a cabinet.

The A/C unit in my room (one of those old exterior wall units) kicked in at about midnight as the temperatures were apparently climbing for spring. The noise it made was very loud and as it wound down from its cycle it sounded like an alarm going off with a high pitch repeating chirp which woke me up more than once.

There was a maintenance notification pad left out in-front of the TV which looked ominous.

Another adjoining room - I need to find a way to pre-request none of these. It would be nice if it were an hhonors preference.

I think this was the hotel I signed up at for hhonors membership some 8-9 years ago, the welcome letter said "welcome back", though I don't recall anything familiar about it. I think it was a little overpriced for the experience.

Room Tip: Cool the room right down before going to sleep
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff were all very friendly. We chose this hotel because of the large garden tub in the room...I'm somewhat of a bath addict. The room appeared very clean and the bed was very comfy. What bothered me a bit during our stay: the elevator was malfunctioning, and when I notified the front desk they said they knew and someone would be there to fix it the following day. It just bothered me that they did not stop use of the elevator until it could be repaired.

Regardless, we really enjoyed our stay and appreciated the small touches such as lemon water and cookies in the lobby and how comfortable both the room and lobby/restaurant/bar were.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family stayed here for an American Girl trip for one night. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location and amenities. Be sure to get the American Girl package because you get items not available in the store.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey M F
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel for almost a month. I was in town for business. Had an overall A+ experience. Clean rooms , helpful staff, loved the breakfast crew and cooks. I would recomend the Hilton Gardens to friends and Family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We chose this hotel based on it's location and on having an in-0house restaurant, that seemed like it was supposed to be open for lunch and dinner.

We arrived early on a Sunday afternoon, and were informed that the restaurant didn't open until after 5:00. We found a nearby restaurant, but it still threw our plans off a bit.

The hotel itself has very nice rooms. The back of the hotel faces a small lake area with plenty of wildlife. You may want a higher floor room to get the view over the trees. There is plenty of desk space in the room, which also has a microwave and keurig-style coffee pot. The complementary internet is only good for 1 day, which was sufficient for my stay.

The "restaurant" is actually some tables and a small bar in the lobby area. The restaurant doesn't open until 5:00 PM, and has a very limited menu. The menu items are a bit pricey, and while it tasted good, they entrée was just little more than an appetizer.

I'm undecided whether I would stay here next time. I will definitely look around a little more.

Room Tip: higher rooms in back should have a view of the lake/pond
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Enjoyed the American Girl package. My 9 year old loved the American Girl accessories and doll bed that was provided in our package. Lots of yummy breakfast foods to choose from also included in our package!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family