“American Girl package”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We brought our girls there for our second trip to the American Girl store and I was tremendously disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn. As a Hilton Honors member, I have never been disappointed in any of my stays, but, unfortunately this was not a great hotel. Upon checking in, the front desk clerk proceeded to check us despite never getting off the phone. The lobby had trash on the tables. Next, we get on the elevator and the first site we see is two huge bags of trash in the hallway (this was at 4 pm) which is way too late to have trash in the halls left over from housekeeping services.

Next, the American Girl package was set up in my mother-in-laws room, not ours, but this was minor.

Breakfast was great and the cook doing the made to order items was actually the friendliest staff member we encountered all weekend.

We have stayed at the Marriott and this Hilton Garden Inn for the American Girl weekends and I would highly recommend the Marriott instead of this underperforming property.

1  Thank D W
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn has two locations in Alpharetta. This review is regarding the Northpoint Mall location as we do not have an American girl package available at our location. I am sorry that you had a poor experience and I am sure that the GM of the location that you stayed at will be in touch soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel with the American Girl package for my daughter's birthday. We had an amazing time! The room was clean; the staff was beyond helpful; and the breakfast was delicious. My daughter cried when she walked in and saw the American girl doll bed and milk and cookies. She had a great experience....well worth the money!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked the American Girl package and thought this hotel was the best value around. The girls had a fantastic time and the accommodations were perfect for our family. The breakfast was fantastic, pool was fun and location convenient to the mall and restaurants. We would stay here again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We found a rate approximately half of the regular rate, and because of that I feel we got our money's worth. However, I would NEVER position this as a $180/night place! The bathroom seemed clean, but was a bit dated. There was NO exhaust fan in the bathroom, and the A/C was incapable of removing the moisture from hot showers. As a result, our room was rather humid our entire stay. Housekeeping was another issue. We first went to a room that had been smoked in. The front desk was very quick to change our room; however, housekeeping should have prevented the room from ever being used until the smell could be dealt with. Since we arrived right at check-in time, we weren't surprised to find housekeeping still working on our floor. But they made NO effort to move out of our way while we were lugging our baggage through the hallways. My daughter got her wheel stuck on a dirty towel, and they made no effort to help us. When we left for dinner at 5:30, the soiled linens were piled in front of the elevator. Breakfast was very good, and the service staff was VERY attentive. (They were working for their tips!)

1  Thank Kerri K
A TripAdvisor Member
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I picked this hotel for my guests to stay at for my wedding. The hotel staff is excellent. Anything you want they do everything can to help you. My guests had very positive remarks about the lobby staff, the staff that worked during breakfast and the hotel in general.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is nothing fancy but is very clean and polished. No valet parking or help loading or unloading car. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and in good order and condition. The bathroom was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Very clean place, seems to have a newer remodel. Food was good, room service, and breakfast. Housekeeping did a fine job. Bed comfortable. HVAC worked well, and was not too loud.

The only negatives are the walls are too thin, I could hear my neighbor through the wall at times when he was talking loud, and I would be able to understand everything he said. Fortunately, there was only one evening of this, and was able to drown out talking by turning the fan on constant.

The TV service is satellite, so whenever it would rain hard, it would stop working

Also, the internet was only 1mb up/down. I used my MiFi instead. I would not pay for their service, as it is too slow.

Since I was able to overcome the negatives with technology, or fan, I will rate it a 4 star.

Room Tip: Non connecting is always helpful.