“It was ok”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Birmingham, Alabama
“It was ok”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ive stayed at Hilton Garden Inn in several different cities but this one was not up to par. No server or bartender in the restaurant at night, the liquor was on the breakfast area and you could make your own drink and then pay the front desk. Not terrible, but not the normal HGI happy hour set up with bartender im used to. The room was nice and clean but the air would not go below 70 degrees, im hot natured and really needed something a bit cooler. There was wifi offered as normal but the signal was poor at best so I was never able to get online. The staff was very nice and attentive and it looks like they are renovating so perhaps there will be some standard HGI amenities added.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hginorthpoint, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to rate our hotel on trip advisor. We are in process of building a full service bar in our restaurant area as well as updating the internet service. Thank you for your stay as well as your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta
Reviewed September 9, 2012

After three weeks of a different hotel every night, I checked in here fort he final night. It reminded me why I like HGI's whenever I can get them. Terrific check in experience, large, airy and bright room, decent fitness center, in room coffee, free internet, plush towels and quality bed linens. The only downside was DISH TV in the room which is awkward and frustrating to navigate, and their is no open wall plug near the bed for your phone charger.

Mattress firmness was perfect, morning breakfast buffet has a nice variety, and the staff is fast and efficient. I checked in fairly late, but morning brought quite a surprise. I drew back the curtains expecting to see the surrounding shopping malls and office buildings. Instead, there was a large wetland area with no sign of civilization...and I was on the top floor. How cool is that?

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlook the wetland area
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hginorthpoint, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are so glad to hear that after traveling for three weeks at a different hotel every night, we were able to end your travels with a great stay. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I apologize about the Direct TV in your room. It is a brand new system and sometimes there are little kinks that need to be worked out. Glad you enjoy the wetland area. It is really nice to see.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Lamar, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn twice before, and chose the hotel, because of my previous experiences there. As usual, I was greeted well by the staff. The room was well cleaned, neat and tidy. The room of good size, well decorated and just right for my business trip. The breakfast was good as usual, and the serve staff very polite and helpful.

Overall, I have been well pleased with this Hilton Garden Inn, and will continue to use it when in the north Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Cheaper rates over the weekend, or for more than one day. Book directly, not via booking agency as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your repeat stays with us and for the kind comments about the hotel and the staff. I will be sure to share this with them.

Florence, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We came for a one night stay for the football game, and we got there early, but we're told we could not get into our room. So we waited and came back 3 when we were supposed to be able to get into our room and still could not get in. Nothing was done and the room was not even that clean. Everything about this stay was mediocre at best. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Billy V
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were in Alpharetta for a family celebration, and the hosts recommended the Hilton Garden Inn Northpoint. We had stayed in an HGI in Freeport Maine, and were struck with the similarity when we walked through the front door. Everything about the hotel and experience was excellent. The room was large enough for four adults (two queen beds), the beds were VERY comfortable, and the room and bathroom were spotless. There was wi-fi included, which was very easy to connect to. Everyone at the hotel was courteous and friendly, from the people at the desk, to the cleaning staff, and the breakfast crew. The breakfast was included for all four of us. I liked it, as there was a choice between hot and cold breakfast, and coffee and tea were available 24 hours. We stayed Friday and Saturday night, paid $62 a night!. I would highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to complete rate our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your say and hope you had a great time at your family celebration!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've stayed in the area for many years but this is my first time at this hotel. While it is not run down It could use some extra maintenance in some of the halls. Not a particularly great value unless you get some kind of a corporate special. I will stay here again but only because it's where my company sends me. On the plus side the linens are nice in the room. It was very clean.

• Stayed August 2012
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to Rate our hotel. We appreciate the feedback.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here 1 night on our way back from Florida on Friday because we got the room for $66. The room prices are normally $140+ during Sunday - Thursday because it is a business location. The property is very nice. The rooms have nice large garden tubs in them. The first room we checked into, the air conditioner did not work. We had to move rooms. When we went to check out at 4:00 a.m. to drive the rest of our trip home, the night auditor was sitting in the lobby asleep. It took him some time to wake up. We didn't recognize who he was because of his appearance. He did not have a name badge on, etc. Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family