“Great business-oriented hotel in Alpharetta”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Great business-oriented hotel in Alpharetta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed two nights at this property for business. The hotel is close to the businesses on North Point Drive, and close to dining and shopping. My room (king size bed) was very comfortable, spacious, and very clean. I did not use the outdoor pool, but did use the fitness center. I was pleasantly surprised to see several cardio machines (with TVs), a couple of weight machines, and light dumbells. Towels and water provided. I did not take advantage of the breakfast, but it looked tasty, and the dining room was pretty busy in the morning. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when I visit Alpharetta for work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hginorthpoint, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to rate our hotel. Thank you for the kind comments about our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay & hopefully on your next visit you will get to try our breakfast buffet!

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

the stay was perfect and the staff is great. Michele and Liz are really accommodating. hotel got really loud one night and the front desk staff helped fix the issue. we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
hginorthpoint, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to complete our survey. Thank you for your kind comments about Michele & Liz. I will definately share your review with them.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at this property once on short notice and was underwhelmed...especially given the rate I was given. It is not likely I will be back anytime soon. The property is convenient to the Northpointe Mall...so if your in town for shopping you may want to consider it. The room is dated, electrical plugs near the bed are inconveniently located and the bathroom fixtures dated and poorly installed. The remainder of the promptly is standard HGI.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We took a last minute surprise trip to the Atlanta area for a family vacation. We had heard this area was a nice central location for all of our plans and we weren't disappointed. The hotel was a great value, the rooms were well cared for and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. Everything you could want or need is close by and the neighborhood is safe and well kept. We spent 4 nights/5 days here, normally after being away from home this long we're longing to return home but not this trip . . . we all wished we could stay longer! We'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it to family and friends. We've stayed at Hilton Garden Inns on both coasts and the quality of the chain is outstanding!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor. thank you for the kind comments about the hotel and the staff. I will be sure to share this with them.

Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on our trip to visit the American Girl Store. The location is very close to the mall; lots of options to dine out nearby. They had clean, spacious rooms, and an excellent breakfast. Our hotel package came with free breakfast; otherwise, you must pay for it. We booked the American Girl package, and the "freebies" my daughter received made the stay extra special. She was delighted! If we go back to the AG store and need to spend the night this is where we will stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the American Girl package that we offer as well as the American Girl store. I will be sure to share your review with the staff.

Thanks again for staying with us.
Central Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have to say this is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed in. You are within minutes to the mall which was a plus for us as we were there to visit the American Girl Doll store. The hotel was Very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 5th floor. The view from our room was great as it overlooked a little marsh area. The room size was perfect for us. There was a coffee maker, microwave, a mini fridge, and even a desk. The bathroom was nice also. The shower and the garden tub were one so there was plenty of room. The cleaning staff was also very friendly and courteous. I highly recommend the breakfast. Its a buffet style. Anything you could want for breakfast they had. They also have made to order pancakes, any kind of eggs, omelets, and the best french toast ever! They even left newspapers by our door. My husband's favorite part was the fresh baked cookies they offered in the lobby! :) We really enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BeachTrip12
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North Point staff, I would like to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I will be sure to share this with them. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at numerous Hilton hotels over the past few years and this is the only (and last) Hilton I have ever stayed at where I am unwillingly subjected to political hate speech i.e. Fox News, every time I turn on the TV. Why not have the Weather channel, Hilton channel, Discover channel etc as the default channel? It wasn't just my room, all of my colleagues had the same observation.

Nice staff, comfortable hotel, but who wants to get bombarded with politics every time they turn on the TV. I talked with the staff at the front desk about it and they just shrugged and said the manager is a right-winger. I guess this is what one would expect in land of Newt Gingrich, but regardless of political persuasion, force-feeding political views on paying customers is inappropriate to say the least.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JPinCal
Recently the hotel had a new TV system installed. Our understanding of the new TV system is that whenever the TV is turned back on it will default to the last TV station watched, just like at home. We have discovered that a percentage of our TV’s do default to the Fox News channel. We are not exactly sure what the percentage is but we are investigating and correcting the programming as necessary. There is no hidden political agenda that the hotel’s TV’s default to any channel. To imply otherwise is just not accurate or factual. It saddens us all that we should be labeled as such for a programming error.
Our only goal is to be sure that every guest who chooses to stay with us has the most enjoyable experience possible. While we respect the guest’s comments and opinions they are not an accurate description or portrayal of any facet of the staff, the management, or the hotel.
Hotel Management and Staff