“Perfect for our classic car club, thanks!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this hotel sight unseen for a car club event, but it was where we needed to be and the price was great for the area. The staff worked with me for our club needs and was always prompt. Upon arrival I was surprised how nice it was for what we paid. Actually it still would have been great at a much higher price. Many of the club members were equally satisfied and thanked me for the hotel choice. A great benefit for the club was the big fireplace area which was a perfect hang out place each evening. If we come back to this area we will definitely come back to our new friends here. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Tyler M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Working with you was truly a pleasure and on behalf of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta-Windward team, I want to tell you how much we enjoyed your group’s stay with us. We hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed at many HI&S and usually very satisfied. Even when the property has been smaller I have been able to count on squeaky clean and up-to-date amenities. Not so in Alpharetta. This hotel really needs some attention. The bathtub is stained and it leaks, the carpets in the common areas, especially in the elevators need replacing and the overall character of the atmosphere is dreary. No consideration of the business traveler has been made by way of available charging stations on the desk and the tired heating and air conditioning unit goes on an off all night as well as banging doors in the hallway. My room was not as clean as usual either, with leftover dirty smudges on the window ledge and stickiness in the bathroom. In addition, the elliptical machine in the fitness center is old, not of good quality and may hurt someone because it needs repair! I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Tyler M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I am so sorry you found your guest room and bathroom unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel.

In mid-November we will be undergoing a renovation to update our property. The fitness center is also included in this renovation with new equipment.

My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in Alpharetta.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was clean and in a nice location (near shopping and places to eat). The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was excellent. As others have mentioned, it's time for a refresh, and I think I saw where they are going to start a refurbishment in November. My room was clean and comfortable, which was all I was really concerned about for an overnight stay. There were some updated items (like the flat screen television, the clock radio, the chair for the desk), and some items that could use an update (the carpet, the pullout couch, dated wallpaper and curtains). If you just need a clean, safe place to lay your head at night, don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room, and you like getting a good deal, this is a great option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Even though we have stayed at this location several times, it's more for the location and not the hotel itself. The rooms are both clean and large, but they need a complete refresh. The furniture is showing signs of heavy use; floor lamps broken and non-functioning leaning against the wall (Rm 403); and bedroom furniture totally non-suited to the size and/or layout of the room (can't even fully open the bedroom door without striking the bed or side table. The hotel staff has always been helpful and friendly but without some sign of an upgrade this will proably be our last stay at this property.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Our renovation will be completed by the end of December, if not sooner, and we’d love to have you as our guest. We are updating our lobby, breakfast area, and meeting space. Please consider staying with us again. Thanks

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very friendly staff. Very well maintained breakfast with a large assortment of food options. Rooms could use some refreshing but can't complain since room seemed clean. I liked that the duvet was cleaned fresh for each person (or at least claimed to be :)) Hotel was quiet but we got a little lost trying to get there - not sure if it was the GPS or lack of signing near the shopping/restaurant area adjacent to the hotel. Overall, great value for the price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We hope to see you return soon and we love having you here. Thank you for your recent review. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I've stated at this hotel many times over the yrs because it is close to corp office but I got sick of drying in a dump so I have stayed at a number I other nearby hotel. The others were sold out so I am back again. I always get stuck in a room for handicap people, they never are able to change it because they are too full. In the 8 yrs I've been coming to this area the room decor and furniture hasn't change and try were looking tired before. Wall paper is peeling, there are patches in the walls and the entire hotel smells like a musty old ashtray even though it's non-smoking. The staff is nice but unhelpful to change anything. I would NOT recommend staying here unless all other options are booked.

• Stayed: September 2012
Tyler M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable and not receiving the room type you requested. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. We will be having a renovation in mid-November to update the hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. Feel free to call or email me at tyler.morgan@hilton.com and I will be happy to make sure you get a regular standard room. Thank you for your feedback.

Tyler Morgan
Director Of Sales

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We found a great deal on a room for a Saturday night stay at this Hampton. The location is convenient to a main road but away from traffic and in a pleasant landscaped area next to a strip mall. You can get to a huge variety of restaurants within a few miles drive, some even within walking distance.

The king room was clean and the bath area fairly spacious. It had a sofa, work desk, fridge, microwave, and WiFi. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that we had a great view of some roof AC units, but I'm sure the front desk would have moved us had it been bothersome (it wasn't). Heating/AC was OK if a tad noisy, but easy to adjust.

It seems that Hampton Inn has been making a real effort to be the leader in this 2-3 star class of hotel. I haven't had a bad stay at one for years. The beds are decent and I like that they keep the duvets freshly clean, the mattresses nice, and the HDTVs updated. I even thought the clock radio was an upgrade from the cheapo ones usually seen.

Breakfast was better than most and well kept by an attentive staff. Coffee was good and offered a wide selection. It's not often you can find lodging this good anymore for the price we paid, and we'll certainly consider it first the next time we plan to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple