“Great Room at a Great Price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great Room at a Great Price”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We love Hampton Inns but often stay somewhere else simply due to the cost factor!
When we decided to visit an old friend in Alpharetta, I check the Hilton web site and discovered this Hampton Inn, right where we wanted to stay. I was pleasantly surprised to find the price quote for a King non-smoking room was very competitive with the other hotel "brands" we also check.
The hotel is very near a wide variety of restaurants and other attractions.
It is ideally located - close to the expressway, yet far enough away where road noise is no problem.
It is a typical Hampton Inn and by that I mean it is clean and neat, well appointed, staffed by helpful and friendly people.
The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast area was clean and well attended. The breakfast selection was quite good (although I must confess we are cold cereal with milk folks).
I will definitely check this hotel first when we return to the area. If the prices are still as good as we found this trip, we will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
OKC
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed at this location in March 2012 for 3 nights while visiting my daughter. We had a suite which had a separate bedroom with door, small kitchen and living area.

This trip was also a road trip and during this trip we stayed at 5 hotels total in 4 states. We actually had this hotel booked for 4 nights, but because of an error on my part on the reservation, we had to leave and go stay somewhere else in Alpharetta for one night. The LaQunita on North Point Dr, but this Hampton Inn was the best of all of them.

The location was great! Within walking distance there was restaurants (Cracker Barrel and a few more just can't remember which ones), shopping, etc. Short easy drive to many more nice areas. And I must say....Alpharetta, GA is a BEAUTIFUL city! They really keep it up nicely. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. Front desk clerk Delano, was very helpful and went out of his way to check on some things for me when I made my reservation mistake. Unfortunately, the last night, the hotel was sold out and he could not accommodate us. But he tried.

We usually don't spend too much time in a hotel room, but when we arrived back after a long day with my daugher and granddaughtres, it was so nice to unwind and watch TV and it feel like home. I make protein shakes twice a day and so having the kitchen was nice for doing that. Kitchen has dishes, utensils, microwave, dishwasher, 2 burner stove (don't think it had an oven), reg size refrigerator that was cold. Also I enjoyed having two flat screen TV's, one in living area and one in bedroom. I also loved having the vanity area separate from the tub/toilet area. Makes it nice when several are trying to get ready.

The linens were nice and comfy as was the bed. The room was clean and laid out very well. The only issue I had was the alarm clock light did not work, so you couldn't see the time when it was dark. It was probably a setting, I just couldn't figure it out. No big deal though.

The free breakfast included...Belgian waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, etc. I didn't eat much but my husband said it was fine. The coffee was good. Also free USA today newspaper weekdays.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We got a really good rate on Sat & Sun ($53.10 AAA rate) but the weekday rate was $118.80. But still good.

I'm so mad at myself for not taking pictures. I love to see travelers own pictures and I forgot!! Sorry! But don't worry, it is just fine. :-)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Oklatraveler
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel rooms are spacious, the staff customer service driven, happy and helpful! I had a double bedded suite with kitchen and living area, though our travel companions had a king suite and the living area is a lot larger. The hotel was clean, though a tad outdated furnishings, breakfast included (no meat on bar), free parking, free internet and an EXCELLENT PRICE. I have no complaints really-a pleasant surprise indeed!

Room Tip: King Suite provides more living space than double bedded suites.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great HOTEL! Great RATE! GREAT STAFF!!!

Staff was very friendly and aiming to please. I'd love to name all of the staff off personally, but I didn't get there names. Hotel was clean. I can tell they are trying to upgrade it a bit. The rooms look a little outdated with the carpet and sofas. But the STAY was GREAT! My friends and I will be visiting there again this weekend and have made reservations for another stay next month.

Room Tip: Can't give you my secret. You may book when I want the rooms! All rooms were good. Corner suite...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The desk staff was helpful, but the reservation was wrong. I traveled with my daughter and her 6 month old and a reservation was made for a suite. We were put in a regular room. When they finally moved us to a suite, there was no crib and we were told that we had to wait until 11 pm for someone to bring one up. There was only one person on staff that night so she couldn't leave the desk. The crib finally arrived, but they left it in the hallway and then called the room to tell us it was there, waking up the baby. :( The crib had a queen size sheet folded over it and a large queen sized blanket, all of which are dangerous for a baby. Thank goodness my daughter was prepared with sheet and blankets. The dryer did not work well and 1/2 a load in the washer took 4 hours in the dryer. Made them aware of this and they said my load as too large and their dryers were fine. The load did not even fill the washer halfway, and split between two dryers didn't help!! By way of apology, my daughter got a great note and 6 cupcakes, which was very nice. But the cupcakes were AWFUL! I felt bad that they spent money on them. :( The Manager would not allow the desk clerk to dry our clothing in the housekeeping dryers either. The carpet was fraying and snagged in the middle, the tub was chipped, the kitchen breakfast bar, had huge chips in the laminate on the side. The room really showed it's age. The in room internet was good, tv in bedroom too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in January 2012. We chose this hotel as it was close to the offices we were visiting.

Overall it was clean, tidy and everyone was very chearful. However, it was all a little tired and basic.

Gym especially wasn't good, two treadmills and two crosstrainers....very busy unless you were there at 4am....

I'd stay again because of the location to where I would need to be, but that would be the only reason.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton for one night since I had business in the area. I have stayed across the street at Hotel Sierra a couple of times, but the Hampton was much cheaper so I thought I would give it a try.

There is nothing really wrong with this hotel, but I wasn't really impressed. The bedroom's were typical Hampton Bedrooms. I had a room near the elevator, which was nice, but the view out my window was of the roof over the conference room area, not so nice. The lobby outside the elevartors smelled a little smokey,

Breakfast was again, good but not great. Typical waffle making machine along with scambled egg burritos, some yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal and pastries. Again, nothing to complain about, but nothing too impressive either.

Overall, a nice hotel with a good price. Given the choice and similar pricing, I would stay at the Hotel Sierra across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side (poolside) are probably quieter since they don't face HWY 400 and the st...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business