“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel is in a great location in Alpharetta. There is a wild wing cafe near the hotel and when I was there they had a Journey cover band which was great. Can't beat having a good place that close to where you are staying.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank fatubus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
West Point, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Our stay at this Hampton was OK, but the bad experience I had with the manager, Engin Ozturk, and front desk clerk, Reyna, will keep me from ever returning. I booked this hotel as an advance purchase through the Hilton website. When I arrived, I was asked for a credit card. I explained that I had an advance purchase. The front desk clerk confirmed this and said the card was for incidentals. When I checked out, I asked for statement to confirm a zero balance. I made it clear to Reyna that I had an advance purchase and I was assured I would not be charged again for the room -- which of course I was. When I called the hotel to resolve this, I got the complete run-around. They tried to blame it on advance purchase reservations. It took me two weeks and six phone calls to get this resolved. As of today, still no credit on statement, but I've been assured it will be there. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! First bad experience I've ever had at a Hilton hotel. The corporate office was very apologetic and did all they could to make it right. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this hotel under this management!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank alisanders
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Not sure if this is true every night but we stayed last night, Saturday, and the hotel is next to a bar with a live outside band. Window thumping music till 1:30 AM. It's hard to describe how mad I am facing this day dead tired with two cranky sleep deprived children. The front desk did nothing, no apology, no nothing expect offer to move us at 1:00AM. Really? If it was free I would never stay here again. Shame as otherwise it is immaculate and perfect for a family. Never again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ZabsNC
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

This Hampton is in a good location - within walking distance to a small shopping center and restaurants. It has a very nice, large, welcoming lobby. Staff are friendly. Good room accommodations, typical for Hampton hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Staying here frequently for 2-5 days business trips. The hotel is quite new and provides very good service for this type of accommdation. It is clean, spacious and quiet. The breakfast is OK and complementary. Walking distance to a small mall with some nice restaurants.
Perfect for me when I'm travelling to Alpharetta ...almost feels like coming home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I had a fantastic stay here during my recent trip to Alpharetta on business. I picked this location due to its proximity to Windward area of Alpharetta. I stayed in one of the suites on the 6th floor. I arrived later in the evening and found the front desk attendant to be very friendly and helpful. Upon entering the suite, I was impressed with the spaciousness. This unit had a kitchen, which was very clean, a nice living room/work area, large bedroom and spacious bathroom. The king size bed was very comfortable and I slept well each night. The free breakfast was good as always, in typical Hampton style. In the evenings, I was easily able to connect to the free internet access, which wasn't quite as fast as I had hoped, but it got the job done.

I was surprised that more people weren't staying in the hotel. I almost felt like I had the run of the place. Nice and quiet is what I needed, and the Hampton delivered.

I'd definitely choose this hotel again for my next trip to the area, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here with my family as well, were we to travel here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Tipp City Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We went to visit relatives in Alpharetta. This hotel is close to the highway and easy to get to. Quiet because it is not on a main road. There is a shopping area close by. Cracker Barrel in the shopping center. Nice breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausage patties, fruit, assorted breads, juices and coffee. The room was nice with refrigerator and microwave. Lots of pillows. Lots of trees around the property. I stayed here about 6 years ago and would stay there again. Good everyday property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family