“Recent stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Nice facility, good breakfast, enjoyable lobby and cocktail hour. Room what we expected, room service fine. Stayed 2 extra nights. ( we bought a home in the area). Preferred to stay at hotel than "ruffing it" in an empty house.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was really disappointed by my stay at Embassy Suites. Mainly it has to do with the condition of the property and the rooms. Everywhere there are little minor repairs that need to be made, but that have been left neglected. You notice it in the rooms as well as in the common areas. In my room, the dresser was completely broken. Not just a little broken - collapsed drawers that were quite obvious. The shower curtain in the bathroom has mold on it as well. Overall the decor and design gives you the feeling that the place hasn't been overhauled since the early 1990's.

There is some upside. The AM breakfast and evening drinks are good quality. Service has been good, both at breakfast, at the bar and at the front desk. The fitness center, despite needing wall and ceiling repairs, is pretty well-equipped. The location is very convenient as well and mercifully, the A/C in the rooms is very powerful. There just isn't enough good to outweigh the bad. Housekeeping is, in a word, lazy. Not all the trash was removed from my room and the iron and ironing board that I used the previous day were not put away. It just isn't what I've come to expect from Embassy Suites. When work brings me back into town, I don't think I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GrammarFreak
CherylCatrair, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the iron and board not being put away, etc. as I will review this information with the suitekeeper who cleaned your room during your stay. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the area..

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel seems a bit tired. We were here for 3 nights just got back today. First let me say the elevators need updating. My husband is a state certified inspector and that was his observation after we were stuck a couple of times. My granddaughters used the pool each day and they have the scraps to show for it. The pool bottom was so rough each of the three girls suffered with scrapes on their feet and hands. Also there were no towels available one night after asking for them and waiting 30 mins.

The room was spacious and clean but very warm. You could not adjust the air conditioner The thermostat said 65 but was more like 85.

We had room service for dinner and it was very good.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DIANNA J
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I checked in at 4 pm, and while the person was nice, they couldn't find a room available. It took probably 10 minutes for them to find a room. I'm a hhonors Diamond member, it should have already been done.

I got to my room, and was surprised at how bad it was. The shower is broken in a few places, it "felt" dirty although they assured me it was clean. A bunch of the TV channels didn't work or were so full of static, you couldn't watch it. The internet was VERY slow (reason enough not to come back), the fitness area is a sad little tight room that lacks equipment, the door on the closet doesn't open and close. The lights in the bedroom don't work, nor did the power outlet. The work desk is uncomfortable and hard to work at for more than a couple of minutes.

It's an old property that needs updating and new features. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. I'm truly sorry you weren't satisfied with your experience and I assure you steps have been taken to insure these items are corrected going forward. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right on a future stay.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not sure why there are any negative reviews here. Place is super nice, clean and staff was super friendly. Food at the restaurant was also suprisingly good. One of the best embassy suites I've stayed. Also, we had booked our room on hotels.com only to find out they had been sold out for over a month. (huge concert in town) Even thought it was hotels.com fault, they bent over backwards to get uus in and even gave us a suite. Also great beds and free shuttle to the verizon center. Cant ask for more than that!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at the Embassy Suites in Alpharetta Georgia and had a wonderful time. It was for a family reunion and the hotel staff were very helpful and polite. The room were very clean and spacious. The food was great and you could not beat the complimentary evening cocktails.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were celebrating our 28th Anniversary with a quick getaway to Alpharetta (We had some business to take care of in Atlanta). We have stayed here several times before and I am always amazed at the consistently great service that we get here. The staff is always polite, professional and extremely helpful. By the time you account for accommodations, breakfast, evening Manager's reception, amenities, and morning newspaper We believe it is a great value. It is close to shopping, entertainment, and some wonderful restaurants. We will return and tell others about the Embassy Suites in Alpharetta.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple