“Great place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The breakfast was awesome! The staff at the hotel was wonderful, very helpful. The breakfast was excellent. I notice some reviews said the breakfast was bad. During our stay it was a big group of girls maybe a slumber party or something and they still had plenty of food. This was actually my first time staying at a Embassy Suites and I must say I was impressed. The area is nice and close to shopping. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although we love Embassy suites this hotel was not up to the standard of others. There was a boys 10 year old sleep over party with 8 10 year old boys running round unseupervised until very late at night. The elevators were sooooo slow with a 20minute wait for some people. The breakfast are was unorganised with not enought table for everyone to eat and very very longlines. If you are going to this hotel to shop - my advice is find another on.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience due to the overcrowding at breakfast and some children who apparently weren't being supervised. We generally do not have a problem with enough seats at breakfast but unfortunately there are times when people seem to all come down within a short window of time. We try to reduce this possibility by posting what times are peak for our guests and when we are generally slow. . We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that the staff at this hotel we wonderful. Check in was less than two minutes, and that was for TWO rooms! The public areas are well maintained, both inside and out. Decent gym space and a pool for those inclined. I always enjoy the breakfasts at Embassy Suites - a good start to a long business day. This property is in a great location, too. It's close to shopping, good restaurants, and the 400 headed back to the airport. The rooms were neat, electrical outlets were plentiful, Internet speed was actually very good compared to some hotels, and the room itself was quiet. Bed and bath linens were clean with no surprises. The bed was uncomfortable - older innerspring mattress, but I'm spoiled by a Sleep Number bed at home. Television channel selection was plentiful and reception was very good. The biggest complaint I have is one I often make when reviewing hotels, and that's mold in the shower stall. This tells me that the bathroom is aging and needs renovation, but more so that it isn't cleaned well. The shower enclosures are quite old, so much so that the one in my room was discolored. The caulk lines were moldy and once inside the shower with the hot water going, I could really smell it - yuck. The shower curtain liner was molding as well. The shower head was a standard Water Pik, but it was old and it wasn't working properly. Water pressure and temperature were good, but when it stinks in the shower, you're not inclined to stay long. We have a corporate contract here so I'll likely stay again, but if it weren't for that, I'd try somewhere else. I love the room space at ES, but not the mold that comes with this one.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet beyond belief. Snag one if you want privacy and quiet to work or sleep soundl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mercurysqueen
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We really appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you found us to be in a great location with excellent team members. We are currently in the process of a thorough recaulking of all of our suite restrooms. Many have already been done and I'm sorry that you didn't find yours up to par. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here with a large group and we all had a delightful experience. The rooms were clean with good linens and comfortable beds. The staff was great and accommodating. And the breakfast was delicious. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

It was a pleasure meeting you and your group! Thanks for the awesome feedback! Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dimly lit, small courtyard and dining area. Elevator slow and buzzer kept going off. Confusing Breakfast bar set-up. Clean hotel, though. Fresh towels, linen, and rooms. Quiet, comfortable and close to restaurants, mall and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your feedback and I'm happy to know you found the hotel to be clean although you felt some updates were in order. Fortunately, we are scheduled for an update of all new suite furnishings and draperies this year and we're hoping this will all be installed by 2nd or 3rd quarter! We hope you'll come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Other reviewers have hit similar areas to mine. Man at front desk was rude, never acknowledged me as an Honors member which made me have to ask if he had my number in the computer. Food was good, nothing outstanding, at breakfast grits were under-cooked and there was NO COFFEE!! Room service food was good and prompt (as food was still hot) Pool was nice, kids loved it, spa was nice but crowded so didn't stay too long. On check out day could not find a luggage cart anywhere, asked desk personnel, but they didn't want to be bothered. Maid service did a wonderful job. I did not like that quests are charged for internet access in their room (wi-fi or wired didn't matter) You just don't expect a hotel at this price range to charge for internet. I will think twice before staying here again and probably do the same for Embassy Suites in general.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff M
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We take our guests' satisfaction very seriously and I'm truly sorry you were less than happy with your stay. We have recently completed additional training with some newer members of our front desk team to insure they are equipped to deliver outstanding service. I've also passed along your comments to the breakfast manager and steps will be taken to insure we don't drop the ball in this area in the future. There is never a good reason for a lack of service or a lack of coffee! Please contact me directly if you will be visiting the area again so that I can personally take care of your reservation and insure your stay is a stellar one. I'd love the chance to change your mind about our hotel! cheryl.skeen@hilton.com

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would describe your front desk crew the afternoon of February 16th as a "train wreck". With the exception of Dominic. The other front desk man was rude and really didn't care that it was 6pm before our room was ready. We had been waiting since 3pm for our room to be cleaned...as were the many others waiting in the front lobby for their room. Fortunately, our friends room was ready, so we had to intrude on them for 3 hours. Front desk told us they would call into their room when ours was ready. 5pm came no call. Went back to the front lobby to be told room was still not ready. Finally at 6pm still no call, we went back down and received our keys. I expected the staff to be apologetic or offer a discount or something...but the person in charge just stood there on the phone looking at us like we were crazy. Expected a discount the next morning when our invoice came under the door, nothing, then upon leaving gave the guy one last chance to make it right, again just looked at us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel on Saturday. We had several challenges "behind the scenes" that day and apparently your stay was greatly impacted due to our issues. Please contact me directly at cheryl.skeen@hilton.com so I can make this right for you. I assure you this is not typical and I will take the steps needed to insure this doesn't happen again in the future. Thanks again for the feedback.