“Bad Aniversary Stay”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Atlanta, GA
“Bad Aniversary Stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Many, issues! No heat in the bedroom. For 3 hours it blew out cold air. The toilet ran all night keeping me up. Breakfast was crowded and the grits were not replenished in a timely manner. There was not enough seating for guests. We are Hilton Honors members an we won't be back to this property again. Also this a not a company hotel it is franchised. Stay away!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank caligirlAtlanta_GA
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I'm so sorry we fell short of your expectations for your anniversary. We get many great reviews and when we drop the ball we take our guests' concerns very seriously. It's my understanding we provided compensation to you - if this is not the case please contact me directly so that I can make it right.. I've passed along your feedback to our department heads to insure your concerns are addressed and rectified immediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Everything from check in to check out was great.
Our room was in the perfect location (624)
The breakfast buffet was good as well as the manager's reception. The hotel was very convenient to everything. Everything was within walking distance.
Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanneshia H
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We appreciate your comments and are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My 8 yr old daughter and I stayed here for her Birthday because it was close to The American Girl Store.This was one of the only hotels in walking distance to the mall that also had a indoor pool. The hotel was clean and everything in the room was in working condition.There is also a complimentary shuttle that can take you within a 5 mile radius and we used this a lot and never had to wait long. The food was good and loves the complimentary drinks and snacks.The only thing I missed was the hot tub because it was not working that weekend. We live about 5 hours away so when we finally got there we were quite exhausted. From the moment we arrived to check in we were treated exceptionally well. One of the managers, Cheryl, went above and beyond regular "customer service" to make sure our stay there was the best!!! Cheryl was also at breakfastiin the morning, along with other employees, making sure everyone there was happy with their room and stay there. Cheryl made my daughter feel very special and I want to thank her and her wonderful staff for helping my daughter and I "make memories". :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and your precious daughter. Please let her know her thank you note is now posted on a bulletin board in my office and puts a smile on my face each morning! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Alpharetta.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was here for a business trip. My room was VERY quiet and the bed was perfect. There was lots of room to spread out. The breakfast was better than most and every staff member was polite. I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your awesome feedback! I'll pass along your compliments to the team. We hope to have you visit us again soon.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Hotel was very nice staff was great but the hotel was very old looking. It needs a major facelift. It is very old hotel. I stay in several Embassy Suites and was really shocked at the appearance. The room was ok and the bed was great. The breakfast was fine. The staff was very nice and friendly which is one of the reasons for my stay at Embassy Suites

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind words about the service you consistently receive from our team. We have made several updates over the past few months and have several improvements scheduled over the upcoming year. Thank you for making us your lodging choice in the Alpharetta area!
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The complementary breakfast was not worth the time. The chef was rude and the food cold.
One good thing was the GM. She was great and really knows about customer service.Our room had issues, the closet doors fell off the first time I opened them, and they never came and fixed them the whole time we stayed (5 days). The elevator also did not work for a couple of days and our room key kept deactivating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for our shortcomings during your stay and I assure you we've taken corrective action to insure our service and product exceeds your expectation on your next visit! I enjoyed talking with you and appreciate you giving me the opportunity to offer a resolution. I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Menerbes, France
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friend and I spent the night of December 31st at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The staff were all very friendly and helpful with a warm welcoming smile on arrival. The suite itself was spotlessly clean and a good size and the beds were exceedingly comfortable..... The only thing I think could have been improved upon was breakfast....it was disorganized in the way it was arranged.....I also need to ask.... Please, why can we not have china cups and saucers for our coffee in the morning or at least a china mug if need be???!!!!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for location and amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us! Thanks so much for your feedback regarding the mugs. I apologize they weren't replenished during your breakfast. I will follow up with the kitchen manager to make sure we're on top of this in the future. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!