“Stay there was ok.”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Stay there was ok.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The complementary breakfast was not worth the time. The chef was rude and the food cold.
One good thing was the GM. She was great and really knows about customer service.Our room had issues, the closet doors fell off the first time I opened them, and they never came and fixed them the whole time we stayed (5 days). The elevator also did not work for a couple of days and our room key kept deactivating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for our shortcomings during your stay and I assure you we've taken corrective action to insure our service and product exceeds your expectation on your next visit! I enjoyed talking with you and appreciate you giving me the opportunity to offer a resolution. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Menerbes, France
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friend and I spent the night of December 31st at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The staff were all very friendly and helpful with a warm welcoming smile on arrival. The suite itself was spotlessly clean and a good size and the beds were exceedingly comfortable..... The only thing I think could have been improved upon was breakfast....it was disorganized in the way it was arranged.....I also need to ask.... Please, why can we not have china cups and saucers for our coffee in the morning or at least a china mug if need be???!!!!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for location and amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us! Thanks so much for your feedback regarding the mugs. I apologize they weren't replenished during your breakfast. I will follow up with the kitchen manager to make sure we're on top of this in the future. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My sons and I stayed at the Embassy Suites hotel this summer as sort of a staycation. We live in the area but just wanted a fun night away. The hotel is very nice, has a great indoor pool. The staff was nothing but polite and very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed in a number of hotels while in Alpharetta and this one does not disappoint. It is conveniently located and very comfortable. The hotel does a great job of making you feel welcome and offers the usual amenities of an Embassy Suite Hotel but with a little extra. The reception in the afternoon is more casual within the small bar area in the lobby versus the typical large open lobby setting of other comparable hotels. While you may pay a bit more the overall experience is worth the extra cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Since January 2012, I have stayed at four hotels in Alpharetta, Georgia. I was looking forward to my first stay at an Embassy Suites. This Embassy Suites is the only one of the four Alpharetta hotels I’ve stayed in that travelers should stay away from.

Even though the place was crowded and the elevator didn't work, I was happy to see the size of the spacious suite.

My excitement quickly faded after I saw the ant infestation. Not an isolated ant or two that found their way to the 5th floor, but I saw ants in 4 rooms on 3 different floors! If you don’t mind ants crawling in trails on the walls, ants on the floor, ants in the bathroom, ants in the sink, ants on the TV, and ants in the BED, this hotel is for you.

After inspecting 4 rooms and finding ants in all of the rooms – three of which had ants in the beds, we relocated to a clean, well-maintained, pest-free hotel in Alpharetta.

Aside from the ant infestation, the general maintenance and appearance of the hotel was rundown. There were maintenance materials left in the hallways. The elevator worked sporadically and at times, not at all. Because of the elevator issues, we’d take the stairwell. There were stacks of maintenance materials, including a big bucket of moldy water.
The hotel was very crowded and didn’t appear to have the staff that could attend to the needs of the customers. There were kids running the halls well after midnight. While I understand the hotel staff are not the parents, I would think there would be a “quiet” time policy in place.

The small indoor pool had a 101 person capacity. During this busy time, the pool capacity could have easily been met. The pool room smelled like chemicals and physically burned your eyes, lungs, and nasal passages while sitting in the room – maybe it was a chloramine, an ammonia compound mixed with chlorine?

Overall, the general maintenance, sanitation, and customer service at this Embassy Suites are in need of attention.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lml_12
CherylSkeen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel last July. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. I want to assure you that we take your feedback seriously and have followed our internal procedures to correct this issue. I promise you the situation has been corrected and again we apologize for all of the inconveniences. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great stay with the girl weekend. Embassy Suites was the perfect place to stay. Took a short ride to the American Girl Store, shop the other great stores in the mall. Breakfast was great at the Embassy Suites. Way to go!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Destin, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned from our 2 night stay at the Embassy Suites in Alpharetta. We always try to stay and Embassy Suites while traveling because it works very well with our family, our 4 year old likes to have his "own room" and actually likes to sleep on the sofa bed. When visiting Atlanta we usually stay at the ES at Olympic Park, but chose to stay here because of a concert my husband was attending at the nearby Amphitheater. This is very close to the highway and were able to find it quickly and easily. The woman working the check in desk had to have been the friendliest nicest person I have ever encountered while checking in at any hotel (I really wish I would have written down her name to tell the manager). Check in went extremely smoothly and we were in our room within minutes. Our room is typical Embassy Suites, very clean and comfortable. We had no issues with our room at all, couldn't hear any sounds from any other rooms or from the courtyard area. My husband went to his concert, the amphitheater is a very quick and easy drive from this location, if you are attending an event there I would suggest staying here. While he was gone my 4 year old and I ordered room service (which is something we never do) the order came when promised by an extremely nice guy who was kind enough to talk to my very talkative son. We ordered a pizza and was shocked that it was only $13, thought room service would be more and it tasted really good too.
The beds were very comfortable and we all slept well. The breakfast is also very typical Embassy Suites. Omelet station, cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads, coffee, juice, etc. All employes are very nice and friendly we didn't have any issues with one staff member while there.
We took advantage of the indoor pool. This would be my only complaint, and it wouldn't be a reason, for us, not to stay here again. The pool is HIGHLY chlorinated. Our eyes were red and my son's even burned for at least an hour afterwards. If we stay here again we might skip the pool. This is a smaller ES, so they don't have a full restaurant like we're used to. They have a small restaurant next to the bar.
I read other reviews before choosing to stay here. They must be done with their renovations, because all we noticed was some of the baseboards were missing in the hallways. I think the hotel looks brand new. There is a lot of restaurants nearby, Target, and North Point Mall is right across the street. So this is a great location.
While here we went to the Georgia Aquarium. It was about a 20 minute drive there, but hit Atlanta 5 pm traffic on the way back, making our trip back about 45 minutes. If you plan your outings right, this shouldn't be a major concern.
Check out went smoothly and we were on our way. Another great plus of this, is it is less expensive than other ES that we've stayed at. Great value! This is a great place, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family