“Ok for business travel”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Florida
“Ok for business travel”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This hotel was ok for business travelers. The room was clean and and close to some restaurants and businesses. The only complaint I had was the high speed internet.
The wireless would barely hold a connection so I finally ended up using the plug in cable...the plug in cable was broken at both ends. I finally ended up using my own and then only got average speed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The SpringHill Suites is a nice, comfortable hotel designed for business travelers. Spacious rooms with a good desk set-up. Decent continental breakfast with choice of morning newspapers.

The only complaint was the inch-long cockroach playing in the drapes in my 3rd floor room that gave me an unwelcome surprise when I went to went to adjust the room temperature.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MiddleTennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed here for a youth soccer tournament on May 15th & 16th. Most hotels that we stay at are less than thrilled at the prospect of a few dozen rambunctious kids running around, but not here. They were welcoming and very accomodating.

The desk staff was the most professional I've ever encountered. They were very knowledgable about the area, from alternate driving directions to our playing fields to appropriate dining suggestions for our large group of families. They get an A++.

The setting for this hotel was very attractive - back inside a residential area, quiet, even serene! It was right near a busy intersection with as many dining and shopping options as you can imagine: WalMart, Target, Kohls, fast food, Panera, sports bars, etc.

The room was huge and perfect for our family of five. There were two TVs, which was actually interesting since they were placed close together and would respond to each other's remotes (this is my only complaint!). The furnishings were new and spotless. The bathroom was large and the toilet/shower were separated from the sink area. There was a large kitchen counter w/big convenience fridge, microwave and bar sink. Lots of cabinets if you are staying a while. Big work desk w/comfortable work chair.

We were on the 3rd floor (top) and there was no noise from up, down or next door. Hallway noise was prominent, though. Breakfast was adequate - mostly carbs, but hot and fresh and readily replenished. The gals working in the a.m. were very nice and responsive (juice ran out and they refilled it asap). There was a fitness center, but it was just a small room w/a treadmill and stairclimber. The pool was clean and large w/a large hot tub.

I would definately stay here again. It was probably the best place we've ever stayed. Oh... and, they gave us a phenomenal rate... $49/night. Just doesn't get better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Northeast PA
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Stayed here with my husband, who was traveling on business.

Wonderful front desk service. Room was spotless. Fresh popcorn every afternoon, beverages and fruit available 24/7. Cleaning staff very attentive.

Only one thing lacking - breakfast never changed day-to-day. Would have appreciated some variety in the protein category...it was heavy on the carbs.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
atlanta
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We wanted a location that would give us room for our girls night out! We found it here! The front desk was extremely HELPFUL and (Heidi) we felt so welcome. Several members of our group were lost, and each person received a patient, calm staff member who assisted with directions. They rooms were basic, but very roomy and the breakfast in the morning was a good start to our shopping, and spa day. Thanks, Heidi and staff!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Louisiana
Reviewed September 4, 2008

My family evacuated from Hurricane Gustav and stayed here so we could see some family in the area. We didn't stay in the room the last night we were there so we packed our bags before we left the room the day before checkout. My husband went back to check out and get our bags. We had to go to Florida to stay with family because of lack of funds and we couldn't return to Louisiana yet. Halfway to Florida I went to change into a t shirt and realized all of my clothes were gone. I called the hotel and the guy at the front desk found part of my clothes, phone chargers and other items I didn't realize were missing in "lost and found" housekeeping rooms behind washing machines. The people wouldn't admit that housekeeping stole my belongings. I'm still missng clothes and the only way I can do anything about it is to return to Alpharetta' GA and file a police report. I evacuated form a hurricane and I dont have the time or money to return to GA. I had to go all the way to corporate and the lady I spoke to yelled at me and called me a liar and hung up on me. She says the lady she spoke to at the hotel said I claimed to be missing thousands of dollars worth of property and I was lying. All I wanted was my money back for the hotel stay so I can replace what is still missing which I won't know the extent of until I actually return home from evacuation. If you have ever evacuated you know it involves throwing a bunch of clothes in a bag and leaving. I never claimed thousands of dollars of things were missing. All I wanted was a refund and an apology. Do not stay here. They won't take care of the housekeeping theft problem.

• Liked — It was a nice stay until my stuff was stolen out of my room
  • Disliked — all of my clothes and phone chargers, bath items...were stolen and the hotel called me a liar
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Alpharetta, Georgia, near Atlanta, for three nights. This hotel is a very good place to stay, especially considering the reasonable price. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, and having the sink and vanity in a separate area made it convenient for two people. The room included a separate sitting area with sofa-bed and chair as well as a large desk. A very nice hot breakfast was provided, with many choices including eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, etc. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The in-room kitchen sink, microwave and mini-fridge were very useful. Free in-room internet and free parking were also welcome assets. The location is very convenient to many good restaurants and shopping areas and easily accessible. Overall we had a great experience and would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend it to others.

1 Thank TravelerIL