“Small, no frills, but good value”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,681 helpful votes
“Small, no frills, but good value”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Decent no-frills hotel convenient to local businesses in the Alpharetta vicinity. Room was suite style which, in this case, meant carving a normal sized room into bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room components. My king bed was very comfortable, and since I place high value on where I sleep, SpringHill gets good marks. There was a nice TV a bit awkwardly positioned on a swivel mount such that it was best viewed on the sofa but almost entirely viewed from the bed. Sink was located just outside the bathroom – not a big deal for those travelling alone or who don’t care. Bathtub was of the retrofitted variety – angles at 90 degrees meant you couldn’t lean back comfortably, and built-in non-skid pads meant you couldn’t move around gracefully either.

Breakfast was included, and it was better than the average no-frills continental grub. There were scrambled eggs that weren’t too loose, potatoes and peppers, ham, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal with fixings, juice, coffee, and toast.

The exercise room was a postage stamp with two treadmills arranged end to end. That’s it. Nothing else could fit.

Front desk staff was pretty much useless. When I asked for the phone number of the nearest Avis, the attendant refused to help me because the hotel wasn’t a full service Marriott. Instead, she referred me to the Marriott up the road. When I called them, they questioned if I was a guest and then were astonished that my own hotel had referred me. A colleague had a similar experience when a different desk clerk refused to look up his Marriott rewards number, claiming he couldn't do it unless he had previously stayed with them in the past.

It would be nice if the hotel supplied a bottle of water in the rooms to store in the (noisy) refrigerators. Unfortunately the air got quite dry. The windows didn’t open, and the only air came from vent/AC combo which was hard to regulate. Like another colleague, I woke up in the middle of the night hot and dry as a prune; after I adjusted the AC, I woke up a second time a couple hours later in a frosty panic.

All in all, it was a good hotel for a company trying to save money, and the beds were good. Ho Hum for sure, but sometimes that’s what you need.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The rooms are very clean and spacious but when you call the phone number, you have to wait way too long for someone to answer and then when they pick up Trish is rude. She then will pass you along to the central office reservation desk if she thinks you may have too many questions. She has answered the phone on several occasions when I stayed there. She is not as courteous as she should be for having such hard working people around her.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a nice week stay. Hotel staff was very friendly and clean. Nice breakfast buffet and friendly staff. Every evening they had the popcorn machine working so a nice snack before bed. Walking distance to restaurants and some shopping. Alpharetta has a wonderful greenway system where you can walk or bike.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillalp, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the comments. Theres just something about popcorn that makes everything better.
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here only problem was it was late and the guy couldn't find my reservation. I called 1. 800 Marriott and she said she was looking at it in the system but he couldn't find it! He had go do it manually. It was after 1am and I think the process could have been faster.My nice comfy bed and quietness made up for that! Overall I enjoyed my stay. Clean rooms, nice amount of space.would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
SpringHillalp, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
thank you for your comment. I am truly sorry that your check in was less then satisfactory. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at SpringHill Suites in Alpharetta. We first encountered Trisha who was friendly and helpful with an ever ready smile. The room was clean and spacious, with enough room for our four year old grandson to spread out. The beds were very comfortable. The location is deceptive - close to I-400 and shopping, but tucked in trees so it felt less urban. The breakfast was great, with lots of choices, and replenished often by smiling staff. The popcorn machine, fresh fruit and coffee was available all day, a nice addition. We will definitely plan to stay here each time we come to visit family.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face a more wooded area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment. I told Trisha you put her name in the comments and she was very appreciative.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I opted this hotel Twice, I found this to be real economical, Staff is very friendly and supportive, rooms are really good and you can get ssome better deals in case your stay is more than 7 days. I like the noise free and green places so I found this to be my choice. People at reception are really amazing, being new to US they really helped me in breakfast, locating few places good hospitality appreciable. Moreover one better part is free pick and drop provided. Mr. Rey is available for pick and drop service. Thanks for making my stay very comfortable. Will recommend this hotel to my friends also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate you comments. Its nice to hear that we are doing things right. I will let Mr. Rey know that you put his name in you comments.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My stay here in 2012 was a great experience, and I'm happy to report that my 2013 experience was even better. :)

1. Fantastic AAA rate. For the quality of the stay, paying twice as much would not have been out of the question.
2. I checked in at 3 AM Saturday. The night manager was extremely pleasant and courteous.
3. I stayed in room 322. In my 2012 review, I noted that the room was clean, but the furnishings were a bit dated. The furnishings (bedding/towels/carpet/furniture/etc.) in 322 were 100% up-to-date (and clean). The room also felt more spacious than that in which I had stayed last year, even though I think it was the same size... Anyway.
4. Breakfast options have expanded to include scrambled eggs + toppings (salsa, shredded cheese, spinach) and sausage. There were individual servings of Nutella for those who desire an alternative to peanut butter or cream cheese for their bagel. Even though breakfast is scheduled to end at 10:00 AM on weekends, around 9:50 AM on Saturday a fresh tray of scrambled eggs was brought out and the waffle batter was restocked.
5. There are sanitizing wipes, a water filter, and plenty of towels in the fitness room.

I'm not sure I'll have a reason to be in Alpharetta again, but I will definitely stay here if I do. Thanks so much!!

P.S. I meant to take photos, but failed; sorry!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SpringHillalp, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are happy you decided to come back. Thank you for the comments. Hopefully you will find a reason to come back and see us.