Decent no-frills hotel convenient to local businesses in the Alpharetta vicinity. Room was suite style which, in this case, meant carving a normal sized room into bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room components. My king bed was very comfortable, and since I place high value on where I sleep, SpringHill gets good marks. There was a nice TV a bit awkwardly positioned on a swivel mount such that it was best viewed on the sofa but almost entirely viewed from the bed. Sink was located just outside the bathroom – not a big deal for those travelling alone or who don’t care. Bathtub was of the retrofitted variety – angles at 90 degrees meant you couldn’t lean back comfortably, and built-in non-skid pads meant you couldn’t move around gracefully either.
Breakfast was included, and it was better than the average no-frills continental grub. There were scrambled eggs that weren’t too loose, potatoes and peppers, ham, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal with fixings, juice, coffee, and toast.
The exercise room was a postage stamp with two treadmills arranged end to end. That’s it. Nothing else could fit.
Front desk staff was pretty much useless. When I asked for the phone number of the nearest Avis, the attendant refused to help me because the hotel wasn’t a full service Marriott. Instead, she referred me to the Marriott up the road. When I called them, they questioned if I was a guest and then were astonished that my own hotel had referred me. A colleague had a similar experience when a different desk clerk refused to look up his Marriott rewards number, claiming he couldn't do it unless he had previously stayed with them in the past.
It would be nice if the hotel supplied a bottle of water in the rooms to store in the (noisy) refrigerators. Unfortunately the air got quite dry. The windows didn’t open, and the only air came from vent/AC combo which was hard to regulate. Like another colleague, I woke up in the middle of the night hot and dry as a prune; after I adjusted the AC, I woke up a second time a couple hours later in a frosty panic.
All in all, it was a good hotel for a company trying to save money, and the beds were good. Ho Hum for sure, but sometimes that’s what you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get more out of your hotel when you stay at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta. Our all-suite accommodations are a top choice among hotels in Alpharetta, Georgia. We offer spacious guest suites that are perfect for business and leisure travel, offering plenty of room to stretch out and get work done or simply relax. When you stay with us, you get free Wi-Fi in your suite and throughout the property, as well as a complimentary breakfast. We have a seasonal outdoor pool on site as well as a fitness center. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta is perfectly located near premium destinations in Alpharetta, such as North Point Mall and Avalon. We are moments from the business district and short drive or cab ride from Downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta Hotel Alpharetta
- Springhill Suites Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Springhill Suites