“Solo Traveler”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Checked in on 6/10/12 around 7 PM. Front desk lady was exceptional - she explained everything clearly and concisely. I was visiting for my job for the first time and when questioned about directions; she gave me directions and even offered a shuttle in the morning! (Didn't need to use it as it was literally right across the street). However, I was surprised by how small the rooms were to be considered a "suite". Perhaps a "mini-suite". It was just me, but if I had others traveling with me then it would have been an issue - although I'm sure that there are probably larger rooms available. The area is very nice & they have very nice curb appeal. The MOST important review here was the bed - very comfortable and clean. The cable in my room also kept going in and out; I had to constantly check the cord to bring it back to life and finally just turned it off. I was tired anyway so this was not an issue at the time. There was some mildew in the bathroom and the shower didn't look as if it was cleaned properly... If this had not just been a one night stay, I definitely would have requested a different room. Loved the popcorn in the evening - first I've seen of this and it's nice to see something other than "cookies". Breakfast was good. Better than nothing I suppose & you really can't go wrong with one of those waffles. I was also very happy to see croissants - don't see that everywhere. At checkout the next morning around 7:30AM, the receptionist was extremely nice. Please recognize her - very, very sweet lady! All in all, I felt welcome and the hotel served the basic stay over needs. I slept extremely well and was prepared for my day. Thank you!

Room Tip: 1) I always choose a room on the highest floor possible. I hate having people over me. 2) Find out...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Classyster
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here with family for 4 nights. The rooms are large and very clean and the beds are comfortable. The hot breakfast is very tasty and the nightly popcorn made in the lobby was a great touch. The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs.

The hotel is centrally located in an area if you need to get to the north side of the Atlanta area with good highway access.

This will be my regular place to stay when I come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dudeman4
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Front desk was courteous check-in fast, rooms super clean spacious nice hot shower! Hotel is in business area near stores a nd resturants. Will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean, pool was nice and the breakfast was great. We stayed for one night and wish that we could have stayed longer. It is in a quiet area, but very close to resturants and a Mall. We will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AaronMarie
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night on the memorial day weekend, and it was one of the best Marriott hotels I have stayed. Very Clean, nice calm location, and good breakfast. The staff was very helpful. For the money we paid, it was more than worth staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ramu_01
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this property this past weekend. While the rooms and furniture are a tiny bit dated, the bedding and bathroom were clean and comfortable. I stayed in a room with a king size bed which had a half wall dividing the sleeping area from the fridge/desk/couch area. While not a true "suite," I don't think the price of staying here can be beat. ($54/night can get you *substantially* lower quality accommodations...) Breakfast is primarily carb-based, but included croissants (which I don't see frequently) and there were some eggs and ham in a warming tray.

The exercise room has two machines: a treadmill and an elliptical with moving arms. If the weather's nice and you have time, consider going for a jog on the sidewalk on Deerfield Pkwy.

One strange snafu: I had reserved a room for two nights. I couldn't find my room keys when I came back to the property for the 2nd night's stay. When I went to the front desk, their records showed me as having checked out, and someone else had checked into that room. (Luckily, I hadn't left anything in the room when I left for the day.) The front desk staff was very apologetic and gave me another room promptly. I did locate the room keys later in a side pocket of my bag, so I didn't accidentally leave them in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Olivia C
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had 3 families visiting Atlanta. We chose to drive a little bit further to Alpharetta to stay at this SpringHill Suites in Alpharetta. It was nice to be away from the traffic and there was lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were very clean. Our kids loved all the options for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family