WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Florida
“Great hotel, great customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

Great rooms and customer service. The only drawback is that I arrived around 2pm and room service did not begin until 5pm.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

WoW!! We went on the american girl package and it was well worth the money. From special check-in, to doll milk served in a tiny glass they made her feel very special (10yr).
The service was top notch and the staff went out of their way to please. The breakfast was excellent, it was included in our package (the bill was 49$ for 4 people if we had paid for it). The breakfast chef was pleasant and didnt mind special orders.
The rooms vere very clean and neat, the pool was clean and fun.
The only caution I would add, the pool floor is very slippery so be careful.
It was not clearly marked on the exit but wasnt too hard to find after a u turn.
I must again commend the staff, really above and beyond with excellent attitudes, I wish I could remember names.
I think we will go back again in Jan.

• Liked — The excellent service and value
  • Disliked — was not clearly marked on road
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank vexxed
murfreesboro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

The room was wonderful, clean, and very nice. We booked the American girll doll weekend for my daughter's birthday. The staff was very sweet, and she had a good time, but......it was very loud. I could not believe we could hear every word that someone said in the hallways, we could hear the people up stairs in their restroom, and we could hear every door that opened and shut. I had asked for a high floor, but was put only on the 4th floor. It was 4pm the following day before our room was cleaned, only after I alerted the front desk. I do not think I will stay there again, but if you do not mind the noise, or can sleep through it, it is a great place.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

If this sounds like a gushing review, it is! We were very happy with our stay at this hotel. We purchased the American Girl Deluxe Package, and stayed for 3 nights. The customer service this hotel provided was above and beyond what any hotel we have ever stayed in has done. And we've stayed at more expensive hotels than this one.

From contacting us prior to our visit for the girls names, to a very clean and relaxing room, it was a great birthday experience for our kids. I guess what makes it so great is that we felt like there was a lot of value packed into the package.

The breakfast buffet that is included is reallllly good. There is a chef waiting to take your order for omelets, waffles, french toast, or pretty much anything else. On the buffet is almost everything else from eggs to chicken sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, whipped cream (guess what my kids ate!), cereal, etc.... The breakfast alone would have cost us $35-$40, but was included in the package.

Also in the package is the American Girl beds to keep, the robes to wear, cookies and milk delivered each night, and the VIG card (entitles girls to a candy bar in gift shop or dessert in restaurant).

The room was very clean - carpet did not give you the icky feel, I did not feel the need to rip off the comforters, bed was comfy and pillows were perfect.

The workout room was very nice - treadmills & ellipticals with personal tv's, a few weight machines, exercise ball, free weights. Again, a very clean room and it wasn't stinky.

The pool was great as well. Very clean, lots of chairs and tables for parents to sit at too. Hot tub as well. There was an outdoor pool, but we did not use it.

If you want to take a girls shopping trip, this is a great place to go. It is in the heart of suburban shopping - lots of stores close by. We also visited the Georgia Aquarium while there and the kids loved it too.

• Liked — Value packed package!
  • Disliked — A fee for WiFi.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

This was my third stay. From checkin to checkout, a truly memorable visit. Great workout room, two pools, great staff, fantastic breakfast buffet, well-appointed rooms, even the elevator seems to be at your floor when you want it. Ample parking.

Other places of lodging should take lessons from this hotel. I wish I needed to return to the area tom'w.

The rate was reasonable considering the area and the value received.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, quiet
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Home - no place like it!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2008

We went to Alpharetta for my daughter's birthday so that she could visit the American Girl store. This Marriott is only about 10 minutes away from the store. They have an American Girl Package that includes pink and white comforters, towels and accessories in your hotel room (even an American Girl doll bed to keep!) as well as milk and cookies at bedtime.
A few days prior to our arrival, I received an email from Sarah at the hotel, requesting info such as my daughter's name, her doll's name and any special requests.
It was late when we checked in and there were several business travelers checking in at the same time. When we got in the special line for American Girl check-in, my daughter was showered with attention and handed an envelope with her name on it containing a VIP pass. I think Andrew was the man that checked us in and as the other people waiting to check in became impatient, he acted like my daughter was the only one there and gave her his full attention. She felt like a queen! We stayed for two nights and each time we left and came back in to the hotel we were greeted by name and welcomed back.
We called one night for an extra blanket and Sarah (the one I had received the email from) answered the call and was very friendly and helpful. She answered again when we called for room service. Everything was perfect. The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Prattville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

We got the American Girl Deluxe package for my daughter's 11th birthday and we are SO glad we did. They welcomed her and her doll at check-in, the room was decorated in pink and they even sent up cookies and milk for her that evening (which she ate in the pink robe that the hotel provided). Every part of this hotel from the lobby to the pool to the rooms, was well maintained and they made sure we were well taken care of. We had room service sent up for breakfast and although it was pricy, it was delicious. Great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank krism75