WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Conway, Arkansas
“Nice Weekend Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Check-in and check-out were fast. The king-sized room was a nice size. Overall the room was clean with the exception of a couple of strands of hair found on the bedding. I assumed it was from house keeping. The bed slept fairly well. The pillows were small and a bit lumpy. The bathroom was nice and clean but a bit small. The location of the toilet was a little odd. It was located right next to the bathroom door which means little privacy even with the door closed. The hotel staff that I encountered were very friendly and eager to please. The bartender was friendly with nice drink recommendations. Overall, I had a nice stay and would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks so much for all of the nice comments about your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I promise to share all of your feedback with our associates so that our hotel can continue to improve our product and service. I hope you will visit our hotel again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel!! Rooms were clean and spacious. Indoor and Outdoor pool were very nice. Above all the customer service was exceptional. We were there with 10 rooms for a softball tournament and we had a couple of small issues and the employees and the management went above and beyond. I have never seen auch great service like this before. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a room in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate all of your kind words about the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Our associates will be happy to hear that the provided you and your team with the exceptional service levels that you have come to expect from Marriott. Thanks again for staying with us!
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Fabulous customer service!! We booked the concert package for our 25th Anniversary. Upon our arrival we were told we missed the shuttle to the venue which was to be included in the package purchased. The front desk went over and beyond to get us to the concert in time. They called us a taxi and covered the cost without hesitation. Thank you for providing such great customer service! We will be returning to this property.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We really appreciate all of the stellar comments surrounding your customer service experience while you were a guest at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. You can be sure that I will share all of your amazing feedback with our front desk associates. Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your 25th anniversary celebration. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

A group of friends brought our daughters here for an American Girl getaway. It was worth every penny. From the precious check in to the Pink rooms every detail was thought out. The cookies were huge and were a nice touch to the night. The girls and moms enjoyed the pool and the restaurant. While some complained about the breakfast I thought it was amazing. I've never had smoked salmon on a Buffett! The staff was kind to the girls and we had 7 with us! One of the nights we were there they even had a movie with popcorn and drinks for the kids. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Susie1122
Thanks for all of the outstanding comments about your American Girl stay here at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We really appreciate all of your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time that your visit our hotel.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had our class reunion at this hotel so my wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Our room was a decent size with a nice tv but the bathroom is kind of small. There is an indoor and outdoor pool area and, luckily for us, it seemed like the kids liked the indoor pool better so we were able to relax outside. The lobby is nice and open and there are a lot of tables in the bar area. The location is great as it is right off of 400. The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars is the size of the bathroom.

I would like to make a special mention about one of the employees, William, who I believe works in security. We were at the pool at 11:00 Friday night when the pool closed and William nicely let us stay out there for a little while longer to finish our drinks. The next day, we were sitting in the same spot and he came over to talk to us and even went inside to bring a plastic cup for my wife to drink her wine. As we were checking out Sunday morning, I realized I forgot to put some ice in our cooler for the drive home. I went inside and ran into him again and told him what I was doing. He said the ice machines on the floors were unavailable right now so he took me back in the kitchen area to use their ice machine. He is a really nice guy who went out of his way to help us a couple of times. This type of customer service is rare and was very much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We really appreciate all of the positive feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks so much for acknowledging William’s outstanding guest service. He is truly a stellar associate who always goes out of his way to keep all of our guests safe while providing the highest level of customer service. You can be assured that I will share your kind words with him. Thanks again for staying with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went for a "in-town get-a-way" - and was rather disappointed.

The restaurant was overpriced and food just average. Breakfast buffet for $20?! Meatloaf was good at dinner, Chicken was average. I ordered a $5 al a carte bowl of oatmeal at breakfast and was told to get it off the breakfast buffet - it was terrible lumpy and gooey from sitting on the steam table. I was afraid of that which is why I had ordered it al a carte so hoping it would be made fresh. Rooms small - but you have to expect that at a older Marriott. Room was clean.

Staff was hit or miss. Bartender was friendly, as were most of the servers at dinner and breakfast.

Had a couple of issues: 1. Purchased headache medication at the gift shop. I noticed it was expired (almost a year past the expiration date). I pointed this out to the lady at the front desk - she said "Oh, well I just took some and I am fine". What happened to "I am sorry, let me take that off your bill and let you return the item"? 2. We specifically wanted to relax and watch a movie in the room - we have two small children and getting to a movie theater for anything but a Disney movie is now rare for us. "Argo" was listed - but when we went to buy it (for $17) it was listed as "not available", so we went with "The Hobbit" ($15) - it was so blurry it could not be watched. I called the front desk and they did remove this from the bill. This put a damper on our stay in and relax plans.

Overall for the price this was not what we expected nor up to Marriott's usual standards. Next time we will drive in to Atlanta to the hotels we usually go to for our staycation get-a-ways.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am very happy that we were able to resolve all of your issues from your stay with us to your satisfaction. I also truly appreciate the additional feedback that you provided to me about how we might improve our hotel experience. Thanks again for giving our hotel a chance to make sure that you left the Alpharetta Marriott 100% satisfied. It is only through your feedback that we can continue to improve your future guest experience. I look forward to meeting you the next time that you visit our hotel.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

There was a lot going on at the hotel the night we stayed: a huge wedding party staying there plus a fraternity alumni formal. So we were not able to check in until 3pm despite calling twice and being assured by the front desk that our room would be ready by noon (not) and then by 1:30 (not again). We had to park off property at a neighboring office building.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Please accept my apology for the service failures that you encountered during your stay. The weekend that you were here was a very busy one at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I can promise you that we will use your feedback to continue to improve your future experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.